Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic we're changing the way people travel - to work, to school, to wherever they want or need to go, and home again. Come join our team of data experts as we build innovative technologies and leverage the latest data science techniques to tackle transportation's most pressing challenges. As a global company our work impacts the lives of millions of people around the world in cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Cubic is the analytics center of excellence and we are using data to optimize transit networks, reduce road congestion, improve the travel experience, and minimize each city's carbon footprint.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team and this means you're empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant. In an industry where Cubic is a world leader, we're driving a paradigm shift in how transportation services are planned, delivered, and consumed to better meet the needs of an increasing and ever-more concentrated urban population. Don't take a backseat. Join Cubic and be instrumental in driving the future of travel.
This is a 6 month contract to hire position
Performs complex software engineering assignments to support several application databases. Provides SDLC activities, technical guidance and leadership related to data processing requirements. Provides estimates and/or constraints to support new business initiatives. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs. Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations.
* Participates in the design, development, planning modification and/or improvement of software systems in accordance with Cubic engineering procedures. Regularly attends scrum meetings and provide updates or impediments.
* Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions. Performs complex analysis of database processes across multiple systems.
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans.
* Coordinates and provides estimates to support business proposals. Communicates constraints or issues to the team in clear and understandable terms.
* Defines and creates test data to support in-sprint testing. Performs tests and documents results.
* Prepares and develops software and keeps design documents updated.
* Conducts in-House design reviews and technical meetings. Makes presentations before management and customers.
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering. Identifies software engineering process improvement.
* Provides mentorship to junior engineering staff. Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in computer science, computer engineering or other related technical discipline, plus a minimum of five years of related experience or a master's degree with at least three years of related experience. Experience to include specification, design and development of software systems. Requires
proficiency in development of database processes (Packages, Procedures,Triggers, Views, materialized views, etc.) using Oracle SQL, PLSQL in Oracle11g, Oracle 12c database technologies, including proficiency in Data analysis,Debugging, Tuning and Optimizing performance of database queries. Expertise in
tools such as TOAD, SQL*Developer, SQL*Plus is required. Experience in Data Replication technologies such as Oracle Golden Gate is desirable. May require ability to develop software in a Unix, Windows Server 2003/2008/Vista/XP/Windows7 and up, Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) or other PC
environment. Experience with supporting databases on cloud environments such as Azure or AWS is preferred. Ability to use PC software such as Microsoft Word/Project/Visio, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. Effective written and oral
communication skills required.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.