Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic we're changing the way people travel - to work, to school, to wherever they want or need to go, and home again. Come join our team of data experts as we build innovative technologies and leverage the latest data science techniques to tackle transportation's most pressing challenges. As a global company our work impacts the lives of millions of people around the world in cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Cubic is the analytics center of excellence and we are using data to optimize transit networks, reduce road congestion, improve the travel experience, and minimize each city's carbon footprint.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team and this means you're empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant. In an industry where Cubic is a world leader, we're driving a paradigm shift in how transportation services are planned, delivered, and consumed to better meet the needs of an increasing and ever-more concentrated urban population. Don't take a backseat. Join Cubic and be instrumental in driving the future of travel.
Our DevOps team is growing, if you do not see a job posted that fits your experience please apply here and we will consider you for future openings, this is not an open role, this is a way to express interest in future roles.
Cubic Transportation Systems is transforming the way we develop, build, and release software, and we're looking for people who are passionate about DevOps.
We're evaluating every aspect of the software release life cycle across the organization including: VCS branching strategies, IaC for build and release infrastructure, CI/CD automation, binary packaging, artifact storage, containerized platforms, and cloud services.
We currently use a combination of Ansible, Jenkins, Azure, Artifactory, and on-premises infrastructure to deliver our Java, Angular, C, and C++ products and services. We're looking to refine our use of these tools, develop standard practices, transition to contemporary build and release methodologies, and improve our time to production.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Some of your duties and responsibilities will include:
* Recommending and maturing best practices and tools
* Analyzing and improving existing build and release lifecycles.
* Configuring Jenkins and build executors, developing Jenkinsfiles, configuring Jenkins projects, multibranch pipeline configurations, troubleshooting failed builds.
* Configuring networks, subnets, and firewall rules for both Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
* Configuring, administering, and troubleshooting *nix operating systems including block device management, partioning, LVM, SNMP, init.d and systemd services, application configuration, etc.
* Developing builds, pipelines, and storage solutions for dependency libraries and build binaries using Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure Storage, Maven, etc.
* Writing configuration management code for Ansible, Chef, ARM.
* Writing container code for Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
* Writing shell scripts for Bash.
* Working with other departments to requisition and configure new Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
* Creating infrastructure, application, and product diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
* Training and mentoring of software development teams on build and release best practices using Slack, Skype for Business.
* Secrets management using Ansible Vault, Azure Key Vault.
* Azure administration and infrastructure development using Azure Portal, ARM templates, Ansible.
* Nginx and Apache web server configuration and administration.
* Oracle Database and PostgreSQL configuration and administration.
* WebLogic Server and Apache Tomcat application server configuration and administration.
* Bash script development and *nix system administration using the terminal, PuTTY, MobaXterm.
* Infrastructure administration and development using VirtualBox and operating system images.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* 4 year degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field, plus minimum of five years of direct experience in Software Development, Networking or System Administration role.
* Able to communicate effectively and understand people, culture, and how large organizations operate.
* Substantial experience working on the command line with a 'nix flavor or equivalent.
* Experience scripting and automating deployments and management of IT solutions.
* History of building process and repeatability into your work products.
* Broad understanding of tools and technologies with a preference for Azure, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, and Kubernetes/Helm.
* Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
* Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS )
* Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* Deployment Automation & Orchestration (Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus)
* Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
* Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
* Cloud (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack)
* Build and deployment of cloud based and hybrid-cloud solutions with Jenkins, Git.
* Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting (Python, Perl, Shell).
* Experience with configuration, automation management, health checks, single point of failure, notifications in either Azure or AWS environments.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.