Cubic Transportation Systems
At Cubic we're changing the way people travel - to work, to school, to wherever they want or need to go, and home again. Come join our team of data experts as we build innovative technologies and leverage the latest data science techniques to tackle transportation's most pressing challenges. As a global company our work impacts the lives of millions of people around the world in cities like London, New York, Sydney, and many more. Cubic is the analytics center of excellence and we are using data to optimize transit networks, reduce road congestion, improve the travel experience, and minimize each city's carbon footprint.
You will collaborate with a diverse group of talented professionals who are as passionate about their work as you are, and are committed to delivering only the highest quality solutions. We are an agile team and this means you're empowered to deliver the best results, have the opportunity to influence all aspects of the business, and know that each contribution you make is significant. In an industry where Cubic is a world leader, we're driving a paradigm shift in how transportation services are planned, delivered, and consumed to better meet the needs of an increasing and ever-more concentrated urban population. Don't take a backseat. Join Cubic and be instrumental in driving the future of travel.
Job Summary: The Senior Software Development Test Engineer (SDET) helps deliver the quality and performance of large scale, big data, custom hardware multi-platform software products that includes; web, API and mobile application interfaces. Incumbents in this position are experienced, hands on and self-motivated engineer who can work collaboratively in a continuous integration environment. This role involves working closely with Software Developers that includes leveraging shift-left methods to understand a complex domain and product. The Senior SDET focuses on contributing to the development of automated Functional Integration tests and end-to-end tests through open source test frameworks for overall system testing within an Agile environment. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Tests complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
* Creates and maintains automated test cases, executes test suites, reviews and diagnoses reported bugs, and ensures overall system quality prior to a customer release.
* Designs, develops, maintains, and troubleshoots automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
* Works with the development teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
* Reproduces, debugs, and isolates problems and verify fixes.
* Works closely with software developers to create software artifacts including test plans, test cases, test procedures and test reports.
* Works cross functional areas with internal partner engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
* Estimates own testing tasks and works productively with minimum supervision while showing excellent team attitude.
* Represents team leadership and provides technical guidance and training to junior test personnel.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline such as Science or Engineering, and a minimum of five years of experience, preferably in either a Software Development Engineer or (SDET) Software Development Engineer in Test role. Must have an understanding and ability to develop code in Java. Strong experience in API testing from SOAP, RESTful is required. Strong experience with XML, Databases and SQL. Hands-on experience with Linux, Windows, and/or mobile devices. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems in large systems. Experience with Test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium is preferred. Must be detail oriented, analytical and creative thinker with passion for quality and test automation. Strong collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills. Experience leading ambiguous situations, dealing with technical issues and coming up with effective solutions to ensure customer project deliverables. Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems. Experience with tools & applications such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Git and Artifactory/Maven. Must have previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems. Previous experience with transport ticketing or tolling systems is a plus. May be asked to work extended hours where required.
Cubic Corporation provides various integrated solutions worldwide.