Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Job Summary: Provides supervision and direction to subordinates engaged in systems engineering assignments related to the development of electronic and software intensive systems and subsystems. Functions as a technical advisor regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Establishes and maintains plans, objectives, policies and procedures for an engineering unit. Proceeding on own initiative, makes systems engineering personnel assignments to support Company-wide projects and activities. Reports on project cost/schedule status. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates activities of systems engineering staff. Establishes work goals and allocates resources. Plans, leads and tracks work activities of systems project staff. Motivates, delegates, coaches and trains subordinates.
* Oversees employees in performance of work; conducts performance evaluations and recommends salary adjustments; makes decisions concerning employee hiring, discipline, recognition and termination.
* Supervises and supports systems engineering efforts including: developing system and subsystem interface specifications, analyses and recommendations; preparing design and operational documentation; evaluating vendor capabilities; interfacing with customers, contractors and marketing vendors; and conducting system/subsystem integration, testing and system validation.
* Monitors the cost, schedule, and technical performance of projects supported.
* Acts as a technical advisor to staff regarding tasks, projects and operations. Oversees daily operations in order to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs.
* Coordinates customer technical and management personnel during contract negotiations and execution.
* Ensures achievement of schedules and budgets. Manages systems engineering metrics.
* Monitors subcontracts to ensure conformance with contract specifications and delivery requirements.
* Oversees and participates in in-house employee training.
* Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific operations.
* Provides marketing support, customer/subcontractor liaison and technical direction to engineers and technicians.
* Interfaces with customers, contractors, and marketing vendors. Evaluates vendor capability to provide required products or services.
* Participates in writing new business proposals. Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches.
* Enforces adherence to engineering policies, processes and procedures governing work assignments. Modifies policies as needed.
* Keeps informed of new developments in systems engineering techniques and advances in technology.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in engineering or science discipline plus eight years related experience, with three years supervisory or lead experience. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors; and deal with employees and managers at all levels in manufacturing, engineering, and other departments. Ability to interpret contract requirements. Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Mental ability to perform engineering problem solving and analytical tasks. Must be able to work under project deadlines and associated cost and schedule constraints. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with employees, management and customers.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.