Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Works independently and acts as technical consultant or project leader on complex software engineering assignments. Provides technical guidance and leadership. Provides project coordination and supervision. Coordinates activities for proposals/new business. Defines budget and schedule constraints. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinates and develops project concepts, objectives, specifications and resource needs
* Prepares design specifications, analyses and recommendations
* Participates in the design, development, planning, modification and/or improvement of software operational systems
* Researches programming system failures and designs and programs solutions
* Performs complex analysis of design programming
* Performs system analysis
* Conceptualizes, develops and analyzes engineering designs, specifications and test plans for systems and equipment based on customer/contract requirements
* Researches design concepts and feasibility utilizing advanced technical theory and knowledge
* Coordinates and contributes to compilation and writing of proposal documents
* Prepares design proposals to reflect cost, schedule and technical approaches
* Recommends test control, strategies, apparatus and equipment
* Defines test schedules and test data requirements. Tests software and documents results
* Prepares development software, codes software and designs specific enhancements
* Maintains liaison with customer, subcontractor and vendor representatives
* Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
* Conducts in-house design reviews and technical meetings
* Makes presentations before management and customers
* Monitors project status and progress and measures system performance
* Manages budget and schedule for software engineering tasks
* Keeps abreast of improvements in software engineering
* Identifies software engineering process improvements, and supports the execution of them across the organization
* Participates in total quality management/continuous process improvement teams
* Assumes additional technical responsibilities as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is a provider of integrated technology solutions to government and commercial customers.