The Cognos Analytics Developer, is a lead team member under limited supervision, providing advanced support for Analytics and Report Development. This includes, but is not limited to, gathering business requirements, design, development and maintenance of reporting. Analytics Developers are also responsible for unit testing, assisting business partners with user acceptance testing and providing end-user production support. Analytics Developers are required to understand the table structures, provide adequate issue resolution, and develop complicated reports. Analytics Developers have substantial contact with other company departments as well as outside vendors.
* Analyze business user needs, document requirements, develop new or modify reports or analysis functionality (dashboards, visualizations) as necessary * Create and develop content as needed to support super-user / end-users and demonstrate system functionality * Provide production support for standard and ad-hoc reporting to complex query needs of the business using Cognos Analytics * Collaborate with Project Management Office, development teams, data integration teams (ETL, Data Architect) for providing new data sources for analytics and reporting * Provide direction to and mentor entry-level specialists * Communicate with management and business partners on business systems and project status * Interface with software vendors and suppliers * Work closely with internal business units to facilitate project completion * Perform other duties as assigned * Conform with all corporate policies and procedures
* Experience with Cognos version 9X, 10X or Cognos Analytics * Experience working multiple projects * Must have a strong understanding of enterprise data integration and data architecture * Knowledge of relational database structures, start schema structures, models, and diagrams * Strong understanding of the SDLC process and project management steps used in delivering IT solutions * Ability to manage multiple reporting projects and non-reporting tasks while being able to effectively perform necessary communications and coordination with management, end users, business partners and the IT community * Additional experience with Human Resource and or Financials applications such as; Oracle ERP modules and databases, SuccessFactors, iCIMS, Treasury Management Systems, or Imaging Systems would be a plus
* Cognos Analytics skills including Author Reports, Author Reports with Multidimensional Data, Author Active Reports, Dashboards and BI Event Studio * Ability to write medium to complex SQL queries * Ability to analyze PL/SQL packages is a plus * Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software * Ability to provide prompt, high-quality customer service to members, staff, vendors, and internal/external customers * Ability to help team members and customers embrace processes, procedures, methodologies, and solutions * Ability to embrace change and participate in exploring opportunities to improve * Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions; the ability to base decisions on facts * Strong Time Management skills with the ability to analyze work, set goals, develop plans of action, and utilize time effectively * Focus on "Team Work" with the ability to build consensus, use active listening skills, and work harmoniously with others in getting projects and tasks completed while promoting a culture of teamwork, excellence, and integrity * Ability to thoroughly research issues in a timely manner, identify and suggest solutions, and proactively implement corrective steps
* High School Diploma required * Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required in computer studies or related business area required
* 5-7 years experience in the above proficiencies required