* Primary Location: United States,New York
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19032764
Citi, the world's leading financial enterprise, is adopting cutting edge cloud and container technologies. As part of this role you will design the first-of-a-kind security solutions enabling the adoption of these new technologies, addressing all of the aspects of platform and application security.
You will also be part of the new lab established by Citi as a unique partnership with Cornell Tech on Roosevelt Island. The goal is to foster knowledge sharing and innovation, bridging the gap between industrial and operational needs with the vibrant academic environment. Co-locating Citi's security teams with companies, entrepreneurs and students is expected to strengthen the security of world's future platforms towards the digital safety of their users. As part of this role, you will have a unique opportunity to work with various security technologies and the leading products, providers and researchers in cloud and container space.
We are looking for a security engineer experienced in development in container and public cloud environment such as AWS, GCP and more. The candidate should be familiar with basic information security concepts and should possess a deep understand of computer systems as well as software code development and deployment procedures.
What will this role entail?
* Working with various teams to design, build, test, and deploy code geared towards supporting Security Operations in multiple public cloud environments
* Build code according to best practices and Citi standards, using methodologies such as TDD for unit testing, and proper controls for source code management
* Leverage native public cloud services such as serverless compute functions, Infrastructure as Code templates, and logging/monitoringto build end-to-end security functions in Python and Yaml
* Help lead and develop components for an enterprise CICD pipeline to deliver security functions in multiple cloud environments
* Highly motivated self-starter who enjoys engineering challenges and learning new tools and technology
* Deep understanding of DevOps processes and methodologies, including source control best practices in Git and Test Driven Development (TDD)
* Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, while collaborating with sister security teams
* Knowledge of cloud reference architectures and AWS/GCP best practices preferred - Cloud Certified Developers are a plus
* 4+ years of experience building web services using microservice architectures/methodologies in Python, including building unit test plans to satisfy functional and technical requirements
* 2+ years experience building services in serverless compute functions, AWS Lambda and/or Azure Functions are preferred
* 2+ years writing Infrastructure as Code templates in JSON and/or YAML, CloudFormation is preferred
* 2+ years experience with NoSQL databases - DynamoDB is a plus
* Bachelor Degree (Computer Science or a related field), or equivalent work experience
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.