* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving * Education: Bachelor's Degree * Job Function: Technology * Schedule: Full-time * Shift: Day Job * Employee Status: Regular * Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time * Job ID: 19018822
Key Activities - Please list in order of importance/time spent (highest to lowest)
* Development of robust & high performance application to serve as foundations for building web applications * Requires a strong programming background to create custom data insights and visualization solutions leveraging APIs and graphic libraries * Design, develop, and manage automated unit, integration and acceptance tests for all UI components * Define needs around maintainability, testability, performance, security, quality and usability for UI platform * Drive implementation, consistent patterns, reusable components, and coding standards of UI infrastructure to support multiple SPA applications driven by a common platform * Work with the Business Analysts and Customers throughout the requirements process to properly understand the long term goals of the program and where they fit in the overall UI infrastructure * Communication of new technologies, best practices, etc. to testers, and managers * Influence UI design requirements to build best-in-class experiences * Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review * Experience with Agile methodologies, development approaches, and tools (e. g. JIRA) * Ability to work with global teams and lead them on critical project initiatives * Relish tackling new challenges, paying attention to details, and ultimately, growing professionally * Mentoring and peer review of designs and coded implementations * Work with technical specialists (Security Team, Performance Engineer, etc.) to ensure that all parties understand the system that is being designed and built and that all major issues are understood and mitigated * Expected to participate in several implementation phases of product development cycle - design, scoping, planning, developing, implementation and test * Ensure the performance quality and responsiveness of applications * Investigate issues reported by testing teams to determine impact, root cause, and solve them * Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs to optimize performance * Work in a fast-paced environment that fosters growth and learning * Verbal and written communication is clear and concise * Clearly articulate development and timeline dependencies * Improve team development related processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality * Ensure self and peers are actively seeking ways to objectively measure productivity. This will include a focus on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD pipeline (RTC, Jenkins, RLM)
Some of the best practices supported include but are not limited to:
* Achieving 85% code coverage with use of TDD (Test Driven Development), * Leveraging automated testing on 100% of API codeLeveraging automated testing for Continuous Improvement Continuous Development (functional & performance) * Ensuring frequent check in of code and supporting Peer Code Reviews
* BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
* Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field
Knowledge and skills
* Angular.JS 5 Development and React.JS Development expertise in a up to date Java Development Environment with AWS Cloud Technologies * Exposure and/or development experience in Microservices Architectures best practices, Java Spring Boot Framework (Preferred), Docker, Kubernetes * Experience around REST APIs, services, and API authentication schemes * Knowledge in RDBMS and NoSQL technologies * Exposure to multiple programming languages * Knowledge of modern CI/CD, TDD, Frequent Release Technologies and Processes (Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins) * Exposure to mobile programming will be a plus.
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.