Partners Data Systems
Duration: 6 months with possibility for extension
Location: SF Bay Area
A Cloud Engineer who will create a user friendly and powerful cloud-based RESTful web service, using tools like Hadoop, HBase, EC2, & LAMP. The goal is to allow quick and easy analysis of massive amounts of test data from some of the most advanced phones and wireless devices available today.
The duties will include providing support to both internal and external customers, fixing bugs, releasing updates on a daily basis. Furthermore, since this is a new project the candidate will have a great influence on the overall architecture.
* M.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related technical discipline
* Strong experience working with distributed computing, data warehouse and databases
* Hadoop, HBase, & Hive are plusses
* Significant LAMP experience, additional experience with either Amazon Web Services or Rackspace Cloud Servers a big plus
* Very strong knowledge of at least one server-side scripting language (e.g. PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby)
* Proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Java, C++, C#)
* Strong analytical skills and able to quickly grasp and evaluate user requirements
* Understanding of basic statistics (e.g. distributions, correlation, standard deviation, binning)
* Eligible to work in the US
* Fluent in English
* Excellent communication skills
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.