Partners Data Systems
About the Team & Role
The Scientific Working Environment team is responsible for curating, designing, building, and supporting the day-to-day operating environment for our data scientists. We figure out what is needed and then carefully create tools and services and the best practices for using them. We believe that everything a scientist uses should be expertly crafted, with each feature having a deliberate purpose. This role is for an engineer who is excited about understanding scientists' needs and can translate these needs into a vision of what should be built. This engineer should enjoy being "full stack" in the sense that they own a product from beginning to end by designing, constructing, integrating, testing, documenting, and supporting their creations.
We are currently starting the design of a "next generation" working environment, in which we are re-thinking and "re-platforming" most of our tools and services. We are looking for folks to help us form the vision and build this new world.
You're excited about this opportunity because…
* you will envision, design, build, and support services and tools for data scientists where "self service" is the goal.
* you enjoy building systems using a mix of Python and Go in an AWS-heavy environment.
* you will learn our scientific working environment holistically in order to design better tools.
* you take pride in communicating, documenting, supporting, and otherwise understanding scientists when needs arise and the world changes.
We're excited about you because…
* you have a "bias to action" and are not easily blocked by problems and difficulties. You naturally take ownership of projects and efforts.
* you have a diversity of software development experience rather than a single tool suite or paradigm. Experience and experience working in a data science environment is a plus.
* you have the ability to understand requirements in context to design solutions, rather than take them at face value.
* you are a good communicator and you enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
* you have experience working with AWS resources (familiarity with ECS and Docker is a plus)
Why you'll love working at Stitch Fix...
* We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
* We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
* We are a technologically and data-driven business
* We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Transforming the way people find what they love"
* We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
* We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
* We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
* We take what we do seriously. We don't take ourselves seriously
* We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
* We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
* You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.