Northrop Grumman is seeking a Chief Hardware Engineer with extensive RF module knowledge capable of developing electrical and mechanical architectures, writing technical proposals, initiating technical captures with customers and experience transitioning advanced concepts to products for the DoD.
The Chief Hardware Engineer will develop architectures, technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for RF/Microwave development programs. RF/Microwave analyses are performed at all levels of the RF/Microwave Product and RF System Design from the RF System Architecture level down to the mechanical packaging to include: Concept, Design, Fabrication, Test Validation and Verification, Installation, Operation, Maintenance and Disposal.
The Chief Hardware Engineer shall be capable of leading large, multi-disciplinary RF/Microwave Hardware development teams from product conception to completion with demonstrated experience with design to cost and design for producibility and rate production. Additional responsibilities include serving as a cost account manager on major defense programs and/or smaller Independent Research & Development (IR&D) activities. Ability to work well with customers to ensure product requirements are realizable as RF/Microwave Products & RF System Architecture Design solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints. Capable of performing as subject matter expert of functional analysis, detail trade studies, creating product requirements, mechanical packaging and design trade-offs, to translate customer requirements into RF/Microwave hardware product specifications.
Excellent leadership, customer relationship and technical skills experienced with leading RF/Microwave product development activities:
* Solve complex technical issues with limited supervision
* Requirements derivation, simulation, analysis, design and development of RF/Microwave hardware and packaging solutions for Amplifiers, Filters , Switches, PLLs, Mixers, Op Amps, ADC, and DACs for applications in Communications Power Amplifiers, Receivers, Exciters, Synthesizers, and Digital Converter
* Develop hardware on diverse platforms performing component selection, mechanical analysis and design, circuit simulation and analysis, and verification test development
* 20 Years with Bachelors in Science in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) ; 18 Years with Masters; 15 Years with PhD.
* Experience with complex Air and Ground based electronic systems with an emphasis in RF/Microwave technology
* Experience with design, development, testing and system integration
* Extensive experience with electronic component selection and mechanical packaging
* Experience working with production and manufacturing teams to transition technology from development into full rate production
* Experience contributing to and developing product technical roadmaps
* Experience leading both small and large scale product development teams on complex systems
* Excellent written and communication skills. Presentation skills to effectively provide status to internal executive management and customers.
* Experience assisting with business definition and capture efforts
* Experience working with functional management organizations to improve process efficiencies across engineering disciplines
* Must be able to obtain a DoD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
* Experience working on DoD Military Electronic System Design and Development contracts with an emphasis in RF/Microwave technology
* Experience working with production and manufacturing teams to transition products from development to high volume Military full rate production
* Active DoD SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.