At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Senior Linux System Administrator
Northrop Grumman in Azusa, CA needs a qualified Linux System Administrator to perform key assignments for multiple classified networks running Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX.
* Hardware/Software installations and upgrade
* System troubleshooting and repair
* System monitoring and repair
* Data backup and recovery
* User and application support
* Security support
* Bachelor's Degree in a S.T.E.M. field (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
* 9 years of Red Hat Linux System Administration Experience and/or Unix System Administration Experience (AIX, or Solaris)
* Ability to work flex and overtime hours (2nd/3rd shift as needed)
* Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Highly Desired
* CISSP or Security Certification
* Cisco Network with Firewall and Intrusion Detection System Experience
* Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) Experience
* Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Experience
* Host Based Security System (HBSS) Experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.