Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Application Developer to join our Program in Washington D.C.
The Application Developer will become part of a small dynamic team of IT specialists that deliver unique solutions for our customer. The qualified applicant will support the team in Washington DC, but will enjoy the flexibility of a work schedule that provides opportunity for an increased work-family balance. This means, some telecommuting is supported by our team throughout the year. The location of support is metro accessible.
* Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements
* Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
* Design and develop data indexing logic in application middle-tier
* Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development in light of various technology alternatives
* Communicate (written and oral) with members of the engineering team and management in person and using tools like SharePoint
* Support trouble tickets
* Research and design potential enhancements for legacy systems
* Follow Northrop Grumman processes and procedures for documentation
* Participate in code and documentation reviews
* Provide direct assistance to the site Program Manager as required
* Document code in knowledge sharing repository
* Fix application bugs
* Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
* Understand and interpret business requirements (user stories)
* Maintain web application
* Maintain mobile application
* Support team in Washington D.C.
* A Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree requirement
* Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in Java, Java Script, and CSS
* The ability to develop approved enhancements to web and mobile applications
* A U.S. Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
* A Bachelors of Science in Information Systems or Computer Science
* Experience with Apache Lucene, Oracle 12c, and Elastic
* Prior exposure to a full application team development environment
* Prior exposure to Configuration Management, Risk Management, and Security Assessments
* Strong knowledge of Java, Java Script, and CSS
* Experience with the Android SDK
* Experience with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
* Experience with application (web and mobile) security
* Experience with web and mobile (Android) design principles, patterns, and best practices
* Exposure to mobile (iOs) design
* Experience with Samsung Knox
* Experience designing applications around natural user interfaces, such as "touch"
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.