Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Portfolio Accounting and Management Technology group at Charles Schwab is looking for a talented Technical Director to lead their Service Availability and Engineering (SAvE) team which is responsible for providing timely, knowledgeable, friendly enterprise-class production support for a suite of cross enterprise products and services. . The Technical Director will drive change to build a world class platform with high availability and minimal maintenance and support. This will be achieved while taking a visible leadership role as we implement a consistent operating model, including standard processes, KPIs and practices for service availability, release management, production automation and engineering. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you'll do:
* Develop a plan for migrating existing and newly developed applications to PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) internal private cloud - including best practices for supporting applications on Windows Server environments during migration
* Help to design and build NoSQL database implementation which is optimized for performance and stability
* Participate with other senior technical leaders to translate strategic goals into tactical plans and objectives for setting priorities
* Be a decision maker for platform operational issues and ensure objectives are effectively achieved and provide input to strategy setting.
* Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and produce technical requirement and design documents
* Track and identify new technologies to solve the business problems
* Lead highly experienced technologists, creating successful plans to deliver solutions to the business
* Lead continuous improvement efforts to improve process performance and process efficiency, resulting in tangible cost improvements
What you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
* 12+ years of IT project experience in distributed platform architectures
* Extensive hands-on experience with C++, Java or C# in a Linux/Windows environment
* Extensive hands-on experience with configuring and implementing NoSQL databases. Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases
* Knowledge of one or more of Message Brokers such as Solace, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ
* Working knowledge of Splunk, AppDynamics or similar tools
* 5+ years of platform architecture and support experience
* 5+ years' experience with running medium to large/complex projects or teams with multiple interactions and dependencies
* Experience configuring and deploying applications in a cloud environment
* Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the enterprise
* Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment, including the ability to think big in a rapidly evolving technology space
* Ability to lead effectively across multiple time zones and locations
* Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change and release management
* Ability to work hands on with development team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
* Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
* Ability to paint a holistic picture of environment health to technology and business partners
* Experience facilitating incident management and system recovery efforts
* The ability to influence through a direct and respectful communication style
* 7+ years of object-oriented software development experience
* Proficiency in analyzing production data using Splunk, App Dynamics and other monitoring/metrics/analysis tools
* Familiarity with Micro-Services architecture and Cloud technology is a plus.
* Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems
* 3+ years experience in Financial Services industry
* 5+ years experience in Agile/Scrum environment
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, May 24, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, July 23, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a bank and brokerage firm.