What you'll be doing...
As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will use data to shape strategy and solutions to join our team. You'll work directly with leaders in supply chain and or real estate, matching their needs with our existing systems, BI and advanced analytics platforms. By really understanding what makes the business tick, you will help shape our future roadmap.
* Propose and drive new technologies to enhance or replace existing business processes.
* Evaluate and test various alternative approaches and recommend the best path forward.
* Leverage systems, BI and advanced analytics capabilities to support the business.
* Support the business with decisions related to new concepts based on data analytics.
* Manage cross functional teams, to ensure project task and timeline accountability.
* Monitor performance and reporting ongoing progress for the major initiatives of the business unit you support.
What we're looking for...
You believe that solid data should be behind every important decision. You are a numbers person but you also have great people skills and a strategic mindset. You bring both business perspective and an understanding of our systems, BI and analytics roadmap. You have a knack for understanding business needs and visualizing just the right way to share data and practical insights so that people at all levels can understand. People trust you based upon your thoughtful and thorough analyses.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Experience with data management, architecture, analysis and visualization.
* Knowledge of either supply chain or real estate systems.
* Eight or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in supply chain and/or real estate.
* Ability at engaging and influencing large teams and functional leaders.
* Knowledge of RPA and Block Chain technologies.
* Experience creating and executing enterprise-wide processes and initiatives.
* Behavior/predictive analysis and/or data analytics development experience.
* Project management and process development expertise.
* Oral presentation skills, with the ability to lead meetings and hold workshops with executives.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.