What you'll be doing...
Project manage key security initiatives that impact network assets and applications that are managed and supported by the Network Operations teams.
* Providing direction and guidance to junior members of the Network Security PMO team.
* Scoping Network Security projects, project planning, execution, and implementation for complex projects involving multiple security teams or platforms, and cross organizational functions.
* This role will be responsible for developing project plans and schedules.
* Project reporting as well as regular status reporting on the progress of initiatives.
* Ensure that project deliverables are met within schedule and budget while working with the Project Sponsors to establish overall project objectives and key metrics that are required to meet project goals.
* This role also involves project reporting as well as regular status reporting on the progress of initiatives.
* Effectively liaison between multiple departments and all functions related to the project to plan, prioritize, and manage workload and timelines.
* Work closely with security support teams and Operations to ensure projects are being implemented in a way that supports business processes.
* Coach Operations on key security initiatives and processes
* Provide motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and effectively reconcile conflicts where needed.
* Manage communications between the project team and key stakeholders.
* Escalate risks, issues, changes and decisions to management and business counterparts throughout project life cycles.
* Coordinate and track training opportunities for the Network Security team.
* Track and provide regular reporting of Network Security capital and operating expense budget status.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* IT / Security Project Management experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Project Management Certification (PMP).
* Strong Project Management skills in driving projects to completion.
* Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organization communications.
* CISSP or other security certifications.
* Knowledge with G-Suite, Agile, Jira, Confluence concepts and processes.
* Ability to learn a technology and leverage that knowledge to understand implications or potential pitfalls of a project.
* Ability to communicate security concepts and technical details in easily understood language.
* High organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
* Strong analytical and writing skills.
* Ability to concise written and verbal briefings on complex security-related and technical projects.
* System, network, and application security knowledge and experience.
* Ability to manage budgets and finance.
* Ability to be a creative and resourceful problem solver.
* Willingness to travel 25% or Less
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.