What you'll be doing...
You will play a key leadership role in Identifying architectural design and improvements, deployment strategies, continuous integration and delivery, testing and maintenance building upon a broad knowledge spanning all aspects of cloud delivery. You will develop key skills and knowledge within the Applications Delivery team to sustain the implementation of cloud operational techniques within the organization.You will also be responsible for overall availability of Systems and attending to any Crisis Events and quickly respond to outages, assess impact and provide resolution and guide teams through steps to resolution and resolving them on a timely manner. Work through action records to improve application architecture and design and improve greater operational efficiencies.
* Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence direction of decisions for organization.
* Work closely with teams across the company (including, but not limited to Product Marketing, Operations and Sales teams) to answer important questions.
* Prepare presentations and reports to internal and external customers, as well as internal Executives.
* Identify and develop improvements based on findings.
* Look for domain trends to drive success of the business.
* Design cost effective product delivery solutions with existing/re-using architectural constructs.
* You will be a change agent to uncover value throughout the organization, and communicate findings to leadership team.
* Prepare Operations Review cases backed with metrics and measures.
* Collaborate with IT leadership teams to derive business value on deliverables.
* Responsible for evaluating various new technical products based on changing business needs and make product recommendations to management keeping in mind the architecture of the entire list of applications supported.
* Works with various teams across Verizon to match the VZ standards and with external vendors to ensure that SLA's are met both internally and externally.
* Knowledge of how middleware technologies and database technologies is required so the complete flow of how the application works can be easily understood and reengineered if required to adjust to Verizon standards and processes.
* Delivery on key application initiatives as prioritized by business and IT leadership. These deliverables include architecting technology platform, ongoing core application development by guiding development team efforts, quality check code with code reviews for production readiness, performing ongoing architectural assessment, maintain standard processes and procedures.
* Act as the lead in the transformation of Employee experience application to meet Verizon strategic transformation in moving to DevOps & Agile methodology for SDLC and initiatives to enable Verizon to save cost and yet able to scale with initiatives such as, Cloud enablement and adopt Open Source. In addition to leading transformation efforts, careful assessment of application development to security and to address ongoing security vulnerability and risks to Verizon by monitoring Security policies and scans.
What we're looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with J2EE and Java technologies, Spring, Servlet, Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOA & AJAX.
* Working experience with OOP, SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
* Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
* Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, UNIX.
* Knowledge with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
* Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
* Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
* Knowledge of Cloud networking design and principles using virtual machine and Cloud Computing Environment.
* Knowledge in Cloud Computing - Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
* Experience building, delivering, and managing cloud IaaS environments using IaaS platforms such as OpenStack, AWS, GCE, Azure or VMWare.
* Experience in networking with focus on IP Technologies (including Virtual Network function / SDN).
* Knowledge of web technologies (such as HTTP, Apache, MySQL, or HTTP Proxies) and knowledge with Unix/Linux.
* Experience with APIs integration with Cloud Service Providers - such as Azure, Amazon, HP Cloud, or Rackspace for cloud management and analytics.
* Experience in Solution Architecture, System Architecture and/ or Software Delivery/ Project.
* Experience in an agile delivery model and knowledge of Agile frameworks such as SAFe, DevOps tools and methodologies.
* Certifications in PMP, SAFe and SDN Associate.
* Strong knowledge on how Java Stack and open source products works.
* Knowledge of architecting and designing Enterprise Systems.
* Experience in security architecture, network and application security protection, prevention and remediation techniques.
* Experience with Cloud, Linux, Orchestration, open source, security or COTS products.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.