What you'll be doing...
As a Data Scientist you will be applying cutting edge machine learning techniques and AI technology. You will work closely with a team of talented data scientists, Big Data engineers, and software developers and play a key role in developing and delivering the next generation AI/ML solutions to the fraud IT/business. You'll create data models to predict customer behavior and risky events/transactions and use it towards improving performance and predictability.
* Create and develop predictive models using AI/ML technologies, installing/monitoring the production performance of models with respect to Fraud prevention and detection.
* Understanding the fraud nature of the business and need for redesign/re-architect of the current design/models.
* Partner with business and other teams to understand Verizon business and integrate additional data required for fraud detection and prevention.
* Data feature engineering to collect and structure to enhance modeling/analytical framework.
* Lead the design and development of machine learning/statistical models and ensure best performance.
* Work closely with engineers to deploy models in production both in real time and in batch process and systematically track model performance.
* Be a subject matter expert on machine learning and predictive modeling and a mentor to junior data scientists.
* Drive technical innovation through active research and applications of new theories, techniques, and technologies.
What we're looking for...
You are a master at analyzing complex data structures and events. You thrive in an environment where enormous volumes of data are generated at rapid speed. You're a creative thinker who likes to explore, and uncover the issues. You are decisive. You are great at influencing up, down, and across groups, and you take satisfaction in mentoring others. Communicating what you've uncovered in a way that can be easily understood by others is one of your strengths.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in leading large scale data science projects and delivering from end to end.
* Experience in machine learning and statistical modeling.
* Experience with either Oracle/Postgres Database.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor/Master's degree in a quantitative field or relevant field.
* Strong foundational quantitative knowledge and skills; extensive training in math; statistics, physical science, engineering, or other related fields.
* Experience in practicing machine learning and data science in business.
* Experience in VLDB and in multiple environments.
* Python (including packages like SciKitLearn, Numpy, and Pandas).
* Development experience with PL/SQL and SQL*Plus.
* UNIX shell scripting using Python etc.
* Experience in data management and data analysis in relational database.
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking capabilities.
* Strong experience in SQL and database management.
* Experience with other data analysis software and scripting languages (e.g. R, SAS).
* Experience in SQL (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata).
* Risk management/modeling experience.
* Ability to bring in new technologies and streamline the existing and new applications.
* Ability to take immediate ownership of unanticipated fraud scenarios and quickly develop ad hoc solutions when necessary.
* Work with Project Management groups to co-ordinate multiple projects.
* Work with multiple Verizon architects to come up with right design/solution.
* Work with the development team to implement the solution.
* Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
* Communication & stakeholder management skills.
* Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.