What you'll be doing...
The Senior Security Engineer will support the Verizon Enterprise Solutions (VES) Business Unit, providing security engineering support for complex Public Sector, SLED and commercial bid capture efforts. The security engineer supports and follows the appropriate compliance framework to develop the security solutions. These frameworks include FISMA, the DoD RMF, CJIS, HIPAA, PCI and CPI 810. Additionally, the security engineer supports product teams to support "federalization" efforts and appropriate risk management for Verizon Products.
This position will be looking at IT systems to ensure right security environment is in place so it is secure and can meet FISMA and DoD standards. You will be reviewing the environment to ensure appropriate security protocols and concepts including authentication, access control, audit, configuration management, patch management, vulnerability management and asset management.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* TS/SCI Clearance or eligibility to obtain within one year of employment.
* Well versed knowledge in IPSec, SSL, PKI, key management, Physical Security, Network Security, Correlation Tools, Vulnerability Scanning Tools and Information Assurance.
* Ability to review changes to the architecture and identify risks associated to the environment based upon the change.
* Solid network background and an understanding of Verizon's Core Network portfolio including IP and Private IP Networks, and support security across of networking technologies including TDM, Ethernet and wireless technologies.
* Senior engineering and security professional experience in supporting security engineering and compliance for capture efforts.
* High motivation and ability to work autonomously.
* Excellent technical skills including strong routing and networking, a proficient knowledge of operating systems and a strong understanding of security devices that include FW, IDS, advanced malware, etc.
* Ability to work in a team environment and manage interaction with other engineering, sales and product teams.
* Excellent writing and communications skills.
* Capability to support the capture process and provide solutions, written text and documentation.
* Strong understanding of risk management processes and procedures and be able to apply these principles to the security designs that are developed.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.