At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Robinhood to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we're just getting started.
Plaid's ability to maintain consistent and reliable integrations with financial institutions is a core part of our value proposition, and financial institutions are increasingly becoming customers of Plaid. The Business Development team works closely with Plaid's financial institution partners to ensure that both the integrations are maintained at the highest quality possible and Plaid is the technology partner of choice for relevant use cases. This requires developing in-depth knowledge of the financial institutions and putting in place the relationships that are critical to prioritizing integration quality and identifying commercial opportunities.
This role will work closely with other members of the BD Team to support how we establish, expand, and manage relationships at our largest FI partners. You will support and - over time - lead meetings with everyone from engineers, designers, and product managers who are in the trenches to senior business leaders at our partner FIs. The topics you will need to proficiently engage on will range from the technical aspects of data sharing to a deep understanding of Plaid's core products. In addition, you should be comfortable working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to share information or troubleshoot issues that can help strengthen our integrations. Project work will include new technical integrations for data access, building out metrics for monitoring relationships, and supporting our FI partners in implementing Plaid APIs.
What excites you
* Wearing both a technical and execution hat
* Partnering with Plaid and bank's engineering teams across a range of partners and integrations
* Getting your hands dirty in the product and technical details
* Working as an independent contributor responsible for execution just as much as you enjoy scaling and managing teams
* Wearing tech, product, and business hats - a position you should feel comfortable holding
What excites us
* 5+ years experience; a plus for folks with startup or financial services experience
* Technical and product affinity is a must - if you're interested, get started by exploring the Plaid API
* Eagerness to roll up your sleeves, humility, strong collaboration skills, and positive, can-do mentality
* Ability to communicate well to a variety of technical, product, and senior executive teams
* This role is based in San Francisco, with ~25% travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Plaid is a financial technology company developing a digital platform that enables applications to connect with users’ bank accounts.