The Tools engineering team is at the heart of how everyone at Plaid interacts with our product. From helping sales understand our customers' engagement to building the workflows that power our support team -- we develop all of the internal products that help Plaid succeed.
We are looking for engineers with a track record of shipping and solving real problems -- and who are excited to work closely with every other function at Plaid to understand their needs and build the right experiences to help them thrive.
Like every team at Plaid, we build high quality experiences and take pride in our pragmatism and high ownership. We typically work in small, self-directed units and every tools engineer is expected to develop a broad set of skills beyond engineering - user research, understanding the user's problem, crafting effective solutions, designing user experiences, quick iteration, etc. We ship software at a high velocity while not compromising quality.
What excites you
* Working with other engineers who have an eye for design and product
* Collaborating with other functions - sales, compliance, support, etc. - and becoming familiar with every aspect of Plaid's business
* Owning your work end-to-end, including product, design (UX and architecture), and implementation
* Doing a little bit of everything across our entire technical stack and learning to work with every other engineering team at Plaid
What excites us
* Background in computer science, engineering, or another related field
* Persistent problem solvers with a strong track record of identifying user problems and solving them
* Passion for building tools, backed up by an online presence (e.g., GitHub, Codepen, personal sites)
* 2+ years of experience building full-stack web applications
* Experience working closely with sales, support, compliance, security, and other non-engineering functions a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Plaid is a financial technology company developing a digital platform that enables applications to connect with users’ bank accounts.