Collaborate with the Bank's first and second line business managers to develop a holistic view of risk across the Bank. Be knowledgeable of industry best practices/trends. Actively participate in the development and execution of the Company's long-term ERM strategy.
Work with business risk owners, cross functionally and collaboratively, to enhance policies and procedures to help ensure risks are identified, measured, monitored, managed and reported. Assist first line business partners and second line oversight colleagues in the development of a forward-looking, formalized process of risk limits, metrics and thresholds and the timely and accurate identification, escalation, and resolution of risk limit breaches.
Maintain database of businesses, processes, risks, scoring, follow-up action plans, policies, procedures, controls, key risk indicators, etc. Partner with Internal Audit and Compliance to ensure risk alignment of activities and support them in their process and monitoring efforts.
Assist in the design, development, and production of Wintrust's ERM reporting. Ensure consistency in the reporting across the enterprise and develop opportunities to highlight key risks/messages from around the Company. Incorporate industry best-practices, regulatory guidance, and peer information to continuously improve and innovate report content and quality. Increase focus on Wintrust's risk data aggregation capabilities, while continuing to refine and improve the capture of Wintrust's historical operational loss data, ultimately resulting in enhanced KRIs and improved management and ERM reporting.
Coordinate, maintain, revise, update all ERM program documentation (policy, procedures, ERM reporting). Focus on revising program documentation to incorporate industry best practices, regulatory guidelines, and internal/external developments affecting Wintrust's businesses and processes. Continued refinement of the linkage between the strategic plan, risk assessments, risk appetite, and documentation of internal controls. Revise and improve Wintrust's risk assessment methodology and individual risk assessments to ensure they capture current and emerging risks, developing industry best practices, and regulatory protocols.
Wintrust is a financial holding company with assets of over $30 billion whose common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries, with over 160 banking locations located in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas.
* Perform periodic system maintenance & maintain backup review
* Managing the configuration and operation of compliance system
* Providing day-to-day administration of compliance systems
* Providing user and technical support to multiple system's users and managing support inboxes
* Serving as a lead administrator and document system updates accordingly
* Monitoring and responding to usability concerns
* Upgrading and enhancing processes to increase functionality and usability
* Reviewing systems for scalability
* Communicating with other business areas regarding system needs and requirements
* Maintenance of departmental SharePoint site
* Creation / distribution of monthly reports and metrics for client tracking purposes
* Assistance with creating PowerPoint presentations, as needed
* Assisting in any and all special projects that arise
* Strong project management skills with demonstrated track records in quality and operational improvements, ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
* 5 years of relevant work experience in a financial institution
* 2 years in an administrator capacity updating CRM systems (MetricStream - Plus)
* Familiarity with:
* Various risk categories (Credit, Liquidity, Operational, etc.)
* 3 Lines of Defense
* Risks and Controls
* Policies and Procedures
* Overall Risk Culture
Experience in working with a GRC tool (MetricStream a plus).
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust Financial Corporation (including community banking and financial services subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability employer.
Wintrust is a financial holding company, with more than 155 community bank locations, serving the Chicago area, southern Wisconsin and northwest Indiana.