The Business Analyst (BA) position requires an understanding of business processes coupled with a technical background. While it is a part of the IT team, this is a business-facing role. The BA will work with the Finance team at Wintrust Corporate to document requirements and then engage different groups within IT to translate those requirements into technical solutions. This individual must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to coordinate across multiple teams. Responsibilities include documenting requirements, supporting the testing process, creating project artifacts and maintaining strong relationships with key business partners.
A Business Analyst needs to be or become a strong subject matter expert in the applications he/she supports, knowing what the systems do, how they work, how they interact with other systems and what issues can arise.
Key Accountability Items
* Manage relationships with business stakeholders and ensure excellent communication between Business and Technical teams
* Work with the Business and Technical teams to define, test and implement business solutions
* Document and update requirements throughout the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Define and assess objectives and scope of projects involving business systems
* Partner with other IT resources to design, build and deploy of integrations, reports and other system improvements
* Prepare and execute test plans (develop test strategies, write test cases, track metrics, communicate results, etc.)
* 3-5 years of experience in a Business Analyst or similar role
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or the equivalent experience and relevant experience working in the business environment
* In addition to a having experience in, or having a solid understanding of business processes, a Business Analyst should also possess advanced computer skills, including knowledge in programming, databases, systems analysis and data flows
* Solid personal skills allowing candidate to relate to various levels of users in a confident yet friendly and positive manner
* Exhibit a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive, and energy
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work diplomatically across all levels within the Wintrust organization and with the vendors that support our applications
* Experience in the banking and financial services industry a plus
* Understating of accounting concepts and experience in a corporate finance environment a plus
As your local community bank, we work hard to support the neighborhoods we serve. We are members of many local chambers of commerce, and we're active in local charities, local government, school boards and community development activities. At Wintrust you can "Have it All" with access to the big bank resources and the customer service you can only get from a local community bank that makes decisions locally and still calls customers by their name. We invite you to be part of the Wintrust team by submitting your application today!
Wintrust is a financial holding company with assets of over $30 billion whose common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries, with over 160 banking locations located in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including business units which provide commercial and life insurance premium financing in the United States, a premium finance company operating in Canada, a company providing short-term accounts receivable financing and value-added out-sourced administrative services to the temporary staffing services industry, a business unit engaging primarily in the origination and purchase of residential mortgages for sale into the secondary market throughout the United States, and companies providing wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Wintrust is a financial holding company offering community and commercial banking, wealth management, and mortgage services.