About this role
As a member of the BlackRock Platform Innovation (BPI) team, you will work on some of the firms most strategic, complex, and highly-valued projects. Our mission is to make the firm better by successfully delivering on our portfolio of projects, develop our talent and export our culture and intellectual capital. We act as the "connective tissue" between the various lines of business by applying in-depth knowledge of BlackRock's organization, processes, and technology in order to inspire change. This role provides the opportunity to drive scale, ensure consistency, and reduce risk across all parts of the organization.
In order to succeed in its mission, BPI places tremendous focus on developing its people, improving their leadership and delivery skills and broadening their firm and industry knowledge. Projects and roles are assigned not just based on successful delivery, but also on individual development objectives and career aspirations.
BPI is seeking an Associate or Vice-President level Project Manager to become part of a team that will embrace your skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the freedom to grow professionally. You can look forward to a multi-faceted role that will require a wide skillset including business knowledge, technical know-how, project execution ability, and strategic and consultative thinking.
At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and actively engage you in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets, we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
* Lead virtual teams to drive strategic projects to completion
* Clarify project objectives, drive consensus and communicate plans and results to stakeholders and management
* Maintain a BlackRock perspective and deliver results, which are beneficial for both individual businesses and the firm as a whole
* Identify areas for improvement in business processes and technology tools
* Engage and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the firm
* Simplify complex topics and create innovative solutions for issues
* Stay up-to-date on global finance and technology trends impacting BlackRock
Knowledge / Experience:
* 3+ years of work experience
* Project management experience
* Ability to clearly articulate objectives and influence outcomes
* Results driven individual with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
* Ambitious and proactive: able to show initiative and come up with ideas without prompting
* Coordinate internal resources and partners for flawless execution of projects
* Technical aptitude, understanding technology in a business context, desired
* Aladdin user experience and understanding preferred
* Experience in business process analysis, design, and implementation would be a plus
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.