About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview
BlackRock Alternative Investment Advisors ("BAI") develop and manage alternative investments for institutional clients. This global business operates in multiple geographies and across equity, credit and solutions pillars. Our aim is to deliver risk adjusted uncorrelated sources of return for our clients. Total assets under management exceed $175bn.
* Collaborate: you will contribute in in demos and share knowledge
* Quality code: help write high-quality code across the full-stack to drive product forward
* Continuous improvement: you will review requests and give feedback to help the team grow
* Team first: feel a part of an outstanding team through collaboration with tech leads to make stack and architecture decisions, and by bringing a diverse opinion to the discussion
* Grow: be better every single day, through bringing your whole self to work, and being you
Skills we look for:
* Full-stack experience, architecture expertise and DevOps by default
* Committed to code quality, software testing, and CI/CD
* Strong product sense, and obsession with delivering great software
* Demonstrated experience in meaningful roles with big goals and ambitious timelines
* Engaging interpersonal skills, with a passion to share
* Organized and diligent, with a keen eye for details
* Continuously curious, and being a student of technology
* Project experience with:
* Server-side Java
* Relational databases such as SQL Server, Sybase, or Oracle
* Solr or other document-based databases
* Cassandra, Hadoop, Spark or other map/reduce technology
* K8s, docker and cloud fluent
* Project and issue tracking systems, ideally JIRA/Atlassian/GitLab
* Data visualization and D3
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Blog: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.