About this role
When BlackRock was started in 1988, its founders envisioned a company that combined the best of financial services with powered by technology. BlackRock has become a FinTech platform in the years since - for investment management and technology services for thousands of users around the world. Data is at the heart of everything we do. The DataOps Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining a cutting edge data platform that provides quality data for to all users of the Aladdin platform, including investors, operations staff, data scientists, Aladdin applications and engineers.
Data is at the core of the Aladdin platform and our ability to consume, store, analyze and gain insight from data is a key component of our competitive advantage. The DataOps Engineering team is responsible for the data ecosystem within BlackRock. Our goal is to provide highly available, consistent data of the highest quality to our clients, while evolving our platform to deliver exponential scale to the firm and powering the future growth of Aladdin. We engineer high performance data pipelines, provide a fabric to discover and consume data and continually evolve our data storage capabilities. We believe in writing small, testable code with a focus on innovation. We are committed to open source and we regularly contribute our work back to the community.
As a DevOps Engineer in the DataOps Engineering team you will:
* Work alongside our systems engineers and UI developers to help design and build scalable, automated CI/CD pipelines
* Help prove out and bring to production infrastructure and tooling to support scalable cloud-based applications
* Learn new things and have fun as part of an awesome team
* Work as part of a multi-disciplinary squad to establish our next generation of data pipelines and tools
* Be involved from inception of projects, understand requirements, design and develop solutions and incorporate them into the designs of our platforms
* Mentor team members on technology and best practices
* Build and maintain strong relationships between DataOps Engineering and our Technology teams
* Contribute to the open source community and maintain excellent knowledge of the technical landscape for data & cloud tooling
* Assist in troubleshooting issues, support the operation of production software
* Write technical documentation
* A passion for engineering highly available, performant systems
* Experience with Cloud Native platforms, both hosted and on-premise
* Experience working closely with Systems Engineers and Technology teams
* Working knowledge of building and deploying distributed systems
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
* Experience with software deployment and orchestration technologies such as Helm, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, etc.
* Experience supporting databases and datastores e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Ignite, Hadoop, S3
* Experience in messaging and streaming platforms such as NATS or Kafka
* Experience in creating and evolving CI/CD pipelines with GitLab or Github following GitOps principles
* Experience in security fundamentals
* Experience in troubleshooting and system administration tasks in Linux or Unix
* Experience in networking, coordination and service discovery
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/us/individual | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
BlackRock is an investment management company.