Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29960
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
As a Technology Engineer on the Cloud Technologies Automation team, you will play a leadership role in ensuring the stability, integrity, and smooth operation of information technology automation solutions that support Capital Group's business functions. You will be responsible for performing or leading in all phases of the product engineering and operational lifecycle of key automation frameworks. As a more senior engineer, you will provide expert level assistance in operational functions by applying proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve complex issues in order to minimize outage to critical business functions and maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
* Participates in the strategy research and planning efforts within the domain
* Is a primary team member and may lead solution initiatives utilizing all aspects of the solution lifecycle to design, implement, and operationalize solutions focused on automation
* Contributes to code, design, major components within the system
* Adheres to rigorous release and change management processes
* Recommends and re-engineers solutions to address complex incidents/ issues. Analyzes incident trends and recommends courses of action for incidents on all solutions within the domain.
* Leads advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis of incidents of advanced complexity related to automation solutions
* Leads continuous improvement and operations excellence efforts within the domain
* Provides guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers
* Role could be located in Irvine, CA or San Antonio, TX
* May be required to work outside normal business hours and participate in an on call support rotation
* 5+ years of Agile software development experience
* Knowledge of infrastructure technologies such a server, storage, network, etc.
* Prior experience with major public and private cloud providers (Azure, AWS, VMware, etc)
* Prior experience with configuration management frameworks (Ansible, Chef, etc)
* Strong experience with Python or similar scripting language
* Version control system knowledge and experience - Git preferred
* Prior experience with cloud automation technologies (Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Automation) a plus
* Experience with CI/CD frameworks and/or fundamentals (Jenkins, Bamboo) a plus
* Experience with container applications (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Engineering or related field
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.