Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 29507
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
Do you get excited about building, supporting, and securing solutions that help create wealth for millions of investors worldwide? Do you love working with and learning from a motivated group of technologists, engineers, and business leaders in a financial setting? Do you seek to constantly improve your knowledge and learn new technologies?
As a Database Engineering Associate, you will design and build Information Technology solutions ensuring the stability, integrity, and sustainability of those systems supporting Capital Group's business. This role is in our Database Engineering team and it will allow you to explore your technical curiosity. In this role, you will exercise your creative mind and critical thinking abilities. You will demonstrate your development expertise, engineering rigor, and deep appreciation for delivering thoughtful, long lasting, and resilient solutions. You will share knowledge openly, broadly, and deliberately across our engineering teams and the organization.
* Participates in designing, building, and operating solutions in support of critical IT systems, which includes writing code, fixing bugs, or working with third-party vendors to remediate product issues
* Assists in maintaining the overall health of a solution by continuously evaluating health markers and helps troubleshooting incidents and issues
* Participates in Continuous Improvement activities to help the team improve a solution and introduce more efficient processes and tools
* Continuously performs security reviews of solutions to assess gaps in security posture
* Delivers results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection, and actively solicit feedback
* 2 years of experience creating database technology solutions
* Experience with Python or Ansible or similar scripting languages
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
* Experience or knowledge of database technology such as NoSql, Cassandra, Neo4j, Mongo, Hadoop
* Experience or knowledge working with public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, Google etc)
Technology Engineer II
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Database, Computer Science, Technology, Entry Level
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.