Omnicell is seeking to fill an Associate Technical Support Engineer position in our Waukegan, IL location. The Associate Engineer position under general supervision is responsible for the triaging, basic troubleshooting, part ordering, and escalation of customer inquiries as appropriate received via phone, web, and emails request.
* Utilizes superior customer service skills to address all client requests for support in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner, and escalate when necessary * Remain consistent with communication to clients until issues are resolved * Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the problem management database * Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal service personnel * Escalate problems as appropriate following service desk procedures * Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation * Maintain in-depth knowledge of service desk supported products and services * Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process as appropriate
Required Knowledge and Skills:
* Knowledge of Windows OS (Windows7, Win8, Server 2008, 2010) * Basic understanding of Networking * Basic understanding of Workgroups, Domains * Competent in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) * Fluent in the English language * Excellently demonstrated verbal and written communication skills * Strongly demonstrated organizational skills * Ability to multi-task * Ability to maintain calm, professional demeanor when under pressure * Ability to learn and retain knowledge
* Associate's Degree or High School Diploma/GED with 2 years of experience working with computer hardware / software troubleshooting
* Associate's degree * Bachelor's degree in computer hardware/software, MIS, Engineering * Basic knowledge of SQL 2010, SQL Configuration Manager and Query statements * MSCE Certification * Fluent in French * Network certified technician * Experience in a technical support position over the phone * Knowledge of computer hardware peripherals (Installation and Setup): Printers, Monitors, network printers, scanners, keyboards, input devices
* Office Environment * Occasional work-from-home (requires functional, quiet environment) * This position will work a rotating afternoon shift with the rotation including weekend days * Weekend work as overtime, as needed
Omnicell's automated medication/supply mgmt, business analytics solutions, and adherence packaging enable improved efficiency, patient safety & satisfaction.