This position is part of the Transformation, Engineering and Quality (TEQ) organization within Product and Technology. The individual in this role will be part of the Test Automation & Service Virtualization team. The Automation Engineering team is responsible for building development delivery platforms, capabilities, tools and frameworks that are utilities for the development teams to increase speed, improve quality and/or enable more visibility to issues/defects. This includes, Test Automation Platform, Service Virtualization, Validation framework, Developer Framework & Services
* Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view. * Automation First that enables E2E traceability & transparency * Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making * Deep understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. * Customer Focused and Value based development.
The Software Engineer designs and develops internal and external business systems and applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting or business intelligence systems as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. They build software and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include builds and releasesAs America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
Capability/Platform Specific Knowledge & Experience
* Experience and expertise in the technology stack, code, and processes for their domain/capability/platform area - SDLC tools, Environment, Release, Delivery Pipeline, Assets, Security, Functional Testing, Automation, SV, Performance, Data Services, etc. * Unique and specialized skills for each team/capability/platform area. * Understanding of the Release Management & Delivery Processes. * Proven experience in authoring and implementing swaggers and restful APIs * Experience with pragmatic unit testing with experience in popular frameworks such as testNG/Junit/Jacoco * Documentation experience required: authoring and reviewing comprehensive low level designs (and open to share prior scrubbed artifacts) * API/microservices development experience with canary and A/B testing * Expertise required in Selenium, RestAssured and Java; Angular desired not required * Instrumentation monitoring and logging expertise for platform * Experience in developing BDD solutions * Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view. * Automation First that enables E2E traceability & transparency * Drive building self-service, data driven, and decentralized decision making * Understanding of the customer pain points and needs around Delivery. Customer Focused and Value based development. * Minimum 1 year' professional experience using 1 or more development languages or tools (e.g., C#, ASP.Net, J2EE Application Framework, etc.).
* Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
Technology & System
* Hands-on code, build, automate, setup, configure, transform their given area * Automation and Self-Service Mindset. * Build APIs, open source plug-ins and self service tools to invoke and integrate capabilities, platforms, solutions to empower CI/CD and DevOps resulting in increase time to value. * Identify and automate all repeatable manual task * Identify recurring problems and build automation solutions to auto-identify & remediate them * Run Manual Test or Process/Procedures our customers perform to understand the pain and how to drive automation and building frameworks/tools/capabilities to support the enterprise
* Manage and provide design/code reviews for your vendor engineering resources - code reviews, standards enforcement, quality & SLA management * Monitor and manage the reports/SLAs of development work and documentation is maintained
* Understand your customer's pain points, challenges, requirements and provide an open feedback loop for continuous improvement. Build a partnering relationship with your customers. Know your customers, their architecture, their code, their pains, and how to best support them to optimize delivery & quality