Senior Technology Economics & Strategy Engineer
The Technology Economics & Strategy team is uniquely tasked with conducting research and economic analysis of critical engineering business topics. Our work helps craft engineering strategy, steer policy, and inform executive leadership decision making.
The group is seeking an individual, comfortable at the interface between engineering and financial disciplines, who can converse effectively with experts in either area. He/She will support the team in the evaluation of emerging technologies, assist with business case analysis, and craft insightful recommendations for the business.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comEXPERIENCE
5+ Years' experience demonstrating exceptional problem-solving abilities and critical thinking skills. (e.g., Engineering, Finance, Management Consulting, Investment Banking)
You love quantitative modeling and have a demonstrated proficiency with Excel. In fact, you probably have also used advanced tools like Excel Solver, Crystal Ball, or R
* Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
* Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
* Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support.
* Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills.
* Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
* Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
* Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
* Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
* Influencing Others: The ability to gain others' support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
Bachelor's Degree is required, (Engineering or Economics/Finance/Business preferred)
Advanced Degree is required, (MBA preferred)
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
#LI-AS1STUFF WE'LL TRUST YOU WITH
As part of the team, you will be a trusted with analyzing emerging technology (e.g., 5G use cases) and understand the competitive landscape to ensure T-Mobile is in the best strategic position to continue as America's wireless "Un-carrier."
We work collaboratively - enthusiastic contributions to team problem solving sessions is the norm
You will build advanced quantitative models (typically in Excel), and synthesize your insights to answer key business problems
We don't always have all the pieces of the puzzle - partnering cross functionally and building relationships, are key in developing our business case rational
You will build crisp storylines, presentations, and briefings for executive leadership communications
STUFF YOU TELL PEOPLE AT PARTIES
You are an enthusiastic professional with several years of industry experience in your domain. You have a natural curiosity and are a fast learner - a background in either Wireless or Fixed telecom is a huge plus
You have a solid foundation of business case fundamentals and economics. You really enjoy digging into the details of how companies work and aren't afraid to open up their 10-Ks
You have strong communication/presentation skills
You are self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and have a fantastic sense of humor
People are amazed by your proven interpersonal skills and your ability to build consensus across teams
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.