Service Desk Specialist
Service Desk Specialists are the single point of contact for T-Mobile employees in need of support for IT incidents and service requests. This includes 24x7 triage, classification, prioritization and escalation aligned to ITIL best practices for Incident Management and Request Fulfillment. Contacts are handled primarily via inbound phone support and supplemented with email and web options.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
* Minimum 1+ years customer service experience (in any industry)
* Minimum 1+ years Telecommunications and call center experience
* Minimum 1+ years previous Service Desk, Help Desk or Desktop Support experience supporting internal customers
* Associate degree (or higher) in a technical discipline, IT industry recognized certification (A+, Net+, MCP, HDI, ITIL) or significant relevant work history required
* Strong technical knowledge of desktop and laptop support
* Strong technical knowledge of networking fundamentals
* Strong technical knowledge of Active Directory
* Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows OS, Outlook, Exchange, Word, Excel, SharePoint & PowerPoint
* Type approximately 35 words per minute with accuracy.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, team based, customer service oriented environment. Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to identify and diagnose moderately complex IT problems and implement solutions rapidly and effectively
* Strong understanding of troubleshooting fundamentals Strong research skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Superior customer service skills
* Associate degree (or higher) in a technical discipline, IT industry recognized certification or relevant work history required
Preferred Licenses or Certifications
(A+, Net+, MCP, HDI, ITIL)
* Provide outstanding customer service
* Provide advice and training to users
* Maintain a problem and solutions log
* Emulate or reproduce technical problems encountered
* Triage, diagnose, escalate and resolve incidents
* Consult documents to implement solutions
* Translate customer-reported symptoms into technical terms
* Support and contribution to special projects as needed
* Contributions to Knowledge Management system
* Develop business and technical writing skills
About T-Mobile USA
T-Mobile USA provides wireless solutions.