The CDP platform team defines the strategy, architecture, and capabilities roadmap for the software delivery pipeline that supports all applications across all of T-Mobile. The scope includes building, supporting, and continuously improving the capabilities which enable better software faster, safer, healthier.
The Software Development Manager is a technical leader of software and systems engineers who reviews code, writes code, evolve standards and best practices, participates in advanced troubleshooting of production and pre-production systems, and authors frameworks and utilities to improve the efficiency of the engineering staff.
* Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is current available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view. * Collaborates closely with the Principal Architects and Software Engineers in solution designs and evaluations value the project/feature/capability, determine approach for adoption and enable self-service
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.comMinimum Qualifications Required:
* Proven ability executing high-profile projects and providing thought leadership to an organization. * Experience in delivering industrial platforms or horizontal software middleware. * Knowledge of technologies and Packaged Plaform/Systems including SAP, IBM, Oracle, Public Cloud services, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree. Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical Discipline or equivalent experience * Preferred: Master's Degree.
* May require up to 20% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to other T-Mobile technology centers
Technology Vision, Strategy & Roadmap
* Continuous improve and develop your people and unlock the technical capability to benefit the wider T-Mobile Development Community. * Follow Kanban religiously to ensure prioritization, initiatives, milestones are abundantly clear to internal and external stakeholders. * Make commitments on behalf of your team that are a direct reflection of the individual contributors capabilities, capacity, and opinions. * Maintain the "Product" mindset rather than "Project" - and make predictions based on product lifecycle for sustainable and longevity of the software solutions.
Design Documentation & Compliance/Governance
* Comprehension of process/system flows, sequence diagrams, logical/reference architecture, solution architecture, capabilities model, standards, KPIs, etc. * Define the KPIs of team performance and results * Identifies patterns, frameworks, and performs value chain analysis that drives the realization of the TEQ strategy * Hands-on development to coach developers, perform code reviews, audits, and can provide clear direction to engineers * Drives solutions implementation. Writes epic user stories & manage the technology/architecture backlog - These stories are child stories from the Chief Product Owner (Director/Sr. Mgr/Mgr)
* Understand the domain/area of your focus. Know your customers, know their architecture, their code, their pain points, their roadmap. Be their partner to drive time to value and quality. * Close collaboration with the domain teams architects, principal engineers, TEQ architects, and business partners. * Excellent verbal and written communications with partners and stakeholders
Capability/Platform Specific Knowledge & Experience
* Expert in their capabilities, platform(s), domain area. They understand the technology stack inside and out and can provide vision, strategy, guidance that spans leadership and individual developers. Ability to go broad and holistically with in-depth knowledge of the code and technology