The Principal Software Engineer designs and develops business systems/applications, systems interfaces, databases, reporting, or business intelligence systems, as required to deliver new systems functionality supporting corporate business objectives. For the Revenue Technology domain, this focuses on a platform that provides accounting capabilities for financial transactions generated across the enterprise, including journal entry creation, reconciliations and controls, and robust reporting.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
* 7+ years of experience in Application Development preferably in wireless industry and/or finance function.
* Candidates must have 3 - 5+ years of experience in Aptitude, RevPro, RevStream, and/or other ASC 606 / IFRS 15 solutions following double entry principles.
* Recommended experience in Aptitude AAH and/or ARRE applications
* 5+ years of experience in designing and developing enterprise integrations using architectures such as SOA.
* 5+ years of experience in ETL/ELT/In Database Processing.
* Stored Procedures, PL/SQL, SQL queries, data analysis, and validation.
* Recommended experience with Teradata: Loading data into Teradata production and development warehouse using BTEQ, FASTLOAD, FASTEXPORT, MULTI LOAD, and ETL Tools like Aptitude or Informatica.
* Experience in creating stored procedures to enrich, validate and load data.
* Experience in performance tuning, ETL/ELT mappings and high-volume databases.
* Understanding of sub-ledger processes requirements.
* Understanding of Teradata capabilities and how to optimise design for performance within Teradata architecture.
* Ability to provide inputs to improve financial system performance, upgrades (software and hardware).
* Recommended experience in tools - Rally, Jira, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Sauce labs.
* Recommended experience working with at least 5 business applications/systems and has also provided tier 4 production support.
* Recommended experience identifying and effectively deploying system monitoring solutions and establishing and measuring service level agreements for these systems.
* Must have development experience on at least 2-4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.
* Must have experience mentoring other members of technical/development staff.
* Must have development or testing experience preferably in CI/CT/CD, and Agile CI/CT or DevOps environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
* Owns the technical vision and development of a domain and multiple capabilities.
* Utilizes planning and leadership skills to oversee development deliverables as required to implement new systems capabilities.
* Ability to work with T-Mobile architects to incorporate new standards and requirements into Revenue Accounting Platform solution.
* Acts as a strong advocate for a culture of quality.
* Guides other domain engineers on design and development best practices and innovation
* Understanding of infrastructure architecture that supports the Revenue Technology domain.
* Communicates with business customers and other stakeholders design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications.
* Utilize development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
* Reviews and approves build that are ready for production deployment.
* Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
* Collaborate/Partner with other teams including business customers, Enterprise Testing, Release Planning and Management, Project Management, and Application Support on successful delivery of product enhancements and support.
* Maintain technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
* Identifies and provides recommendations on improving current processes.
About T-Mobile US
T-Mobile is a global mobile telephone operator.