* Manage a single large Project Office project or several smaller related projects. Convert goals to tasks and coordinate activities to meet goals. Estimate and manage requirements to achieve defined objectives. Execute against defined objectives/plans and keep management informed of progress and achieved milestones.
* Uses basic knowledge of pharmaceutical industry data, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills to resolve business problems across R&D efficiently and effectively.Collect, track, and analyze project milestone metrics. Report data, communicate issues/trends and recommend improvement. Develops basic analytic tools to support critical business decision making by Managers and Directors in R&D.
* Create ad-hoc reports, customized data sets and provide quality data in a format that is informative to aid in the analysis or review of data.
* Provide support to Project Managers for complex project plans and associated maintenance and reporting. Provide support to functional managers to ensure accurate resource estimates, including data review.
* Proactively ensures key communications to stakeholders in order to manage expectations. Exercises appropriate judgment to efficiently progress deliverables using formal channels and informal networks, key policies, procedures, and are consistent with the organization's culture.
* Compile and publish reports on a monthly basis. Assess documentation for completeness, accuracy and appropriate messaging for management review. Create/modify guidelines and checklists to support best practices. Update project templates and project plans to increase their utility.
* Develop and provide basic training, interpretation and guidance on new processes and system functionality to support the project planning, budgeting and resource management system.
* Independently resolves problems and develops recommendations. Appropriately handles confidential information. Recognizes when a procedure/manual process applies vs. when a technical solution is required. Assesses performance against plans, processes, and practices to determine effectiveness and areas for process improvement.
* Identify, quantify, and analyze business risks and potential hazards. Monitors risks and potential hazards and recognizes when corrective action and planning are necessary and assist with root cause analysis.
* Bachelors degree or or equivalent related work experience required, preferably in a technical, scientific or project management related discipline and 4+ years professional work experience, preferably in project management, system based processes, or the pharmaceutical or biotech industry; or Masters degree with 2+ years of work experience; or Doctorate degree in same disciplines.
* Planisware experience is needed.
* Accreditation in a project management or process improvement discipline preferred (e.g. Project Management Professional, LEAN Six Sigma, etc.).
* Must be self-directed and work well in a team environment, be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet commitments, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, be process-oriented, convert goals to tasks and define estimates on time and requirements to achieve goal objectives, and demonstrate initiative.
* The incumbent must be able to discern the difference between general vs. confidential/sensitive reporting information and act accordingly.
* Experience/Awareness in the tools and techniques of Project Management and /or Business Excellence desired. Proficient technology skills (e.g., MS Office software, MS Project, Qlikview, Spotfire, etc.) required.
* Basic knowledge of relational data structures.
* Travel: No
* Job Type: Experienced
* Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.