Information Technology is critical to the enablement of AbbVie's procurement landscape and the ability to leverage suppliers to provide necessary goods and services that enable AbbVie to make a remarkable impact on patients' lives. The Sr. Business Systems Consultant focused on operational procurement capabilities and solutions focused on delivering compliant but innovative approaches to how business users buy in enterprise settings. This requires alignment across the enterprise with peer functions that engage in design and delivery of solutions with suppliers and operational procurement activities. Furthermore, the Sr. Business Systems Consultant will be responsible for engaging, planning and ideating with his/her respective business partners on the capabilities and solutions that are needed over the short and long-term of the long range plan. This will require providing advice, planning, process mapping, solution designing and project leadership as necessitated by the demand. The Sr. Business Systems Consultant will be considered the subject matter expert on the future state of the operational procurement solution capabilities and participate in the execution of the transformation roadmap.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Works with Purchasing business to understand specific business processes, and drivers and strategies; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology; investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas in AbbVie and investigates available technologies.
* Contribute to the overall management of the portfolio of Purchasing & Supplier Management BTS projects.
* Function as a principle design and analysis leader for Operational Procurement capabilities and solutions (Procure to Pay), generating new technological proposals and leading those efforts. Anticipate and critically evaluate technological advances or competitive threats and respond with appropriate new strategies.
* Make recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. These may include business process outsourcing, application development or adopting business process management (BPM) practices.
* Explore emerging technologies to improve Purchasing & Supplier Management bottom line. Develop business cases to justify investment in cutting edge technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Block Chain, etc.
* Demonstrate creative 'out of the box' thinking to solve difficult problems and champion new technologies to achieve project goals.
* Demonstrate deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical business, and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
* Recognized and sought out as an expert in his/her discipline within the company and possibly externally.
* Shapes relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and industry peers in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization. Maintain relationships with Purchasing & Supplier Management business, Global Business Process Leads, and BTS colleagues across the globe.
* Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 14+ years of experience, Master's Degree or equivalent education and typically 12+ years of experience. Eight years of experience in application program development. Work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
* Requires in‐depth knowledge of procurement business processes (supplier management, sourcing, contract management, operational procurement, invoice management) and technology landscape, including, but not limited to, SAP ECC/S4, SAP Ariba, Fieldglass.
* Requires software development life cycle understanding and systems application program development technological alternatives.
* AbbVie is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer: At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. * Significant Work Activities and Conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day) * Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time * Job Type: Experienced * Schedule: Full-time
AbbVie is a pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets both biopharmaceuticals and small molecule drugs.