Partners Data Systems
The Associate Geoscientist is technically responsible to a more senior geoscientist or project manager to provide accurate and pertinent scientific data according to agreed upon methods, within established project schedules, procedures, and techniques; and to provide sound conclusions and recommendations based upon field investigations and literature reviews. Under the operations supervision of a Unit/Section Manager, the position of Associate Geoscientist is a preparatory step into the position of Project Geoscientist.
* The Associate Geoscientist typically leads and supervises junior staff on specific technical tasks such as field sampling activities and data reduction and analysis. The Associate Geoscientist is responsible for writing specific technical sections or reports and plans as assigned by a Project or Senior Geoscientist.
* The Associate Geoscientist may solicit subcontracting bids and supervise subcontractors in the field.
* The Associate Geoscientist will be asked to provide on-the-job training for other geoscientists and to participate in Department courses and exercises.
* The Associate Geoscientist may be asked to evaluate the credentials of geoscientists seeking appointment to the Associate Geoscientist position.
* Ensure compliance with technical project specifications and standard operating procedures defined in the project work scope.
* Complete assigned projects on schedule and within budget to the satisfaction of the client and the project management team.
* Monitor project performance, including the performance of subcontractors, when assigned the responsibility of task or project leader.
* Develop consulting skills and sensitivity toward your client.
* Assist in developing specifications and procure subcontractors as directed by senior staff.
* Cooperate with senior staff in carrying out project planning and management duties.
* Coordinate project staffing needs with the Unit Managers.
* Cooperate with senior staff in developing appropriate project scopes, budgets and schedules for proposals and projects.
* Provide recommendations to the appropriate supervisor when potential problems in project technical quality are identified.
* Continue technical education through review of technical periodicals, participation at internal training programs, and attendance at external seminars, workshops, conferences or training sessions.
* Participate in the development of standard operating procedures and internal training programs.
* Identify new technologies and techniques and evaluate their applicability and potential benefits for the company.
* Solve technical problems on projects with assistance from senior staff.
* Select peer reviewers for informal project reviews.
* Conduct peer reviews of work scopes, project implementation plans, schedules, budgets, technical calculations and interpretations and project deliverables as requested.
* Cooperate with all project QA/QC audits and reviews, and assist in implementing corrective action as appropriate.
* Cooperate with senior staff to improve the technical quality of project work.
* Demonstrate a high level of current discipline expertise for application to present and future projects.
* Demonstrate data organization and management skills.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Bachelors degree plus three (3) years of related experience, or Masters Degree plus one (1) year related experience, or Doctoral Degree.
* Related experience is defined as continuous professional employment under the direction of more senior professionals involving activities pertinent to the Assistant II Geoscientist position
* Demonstrated ability to supervise subcontractors in the field, and make field decisions consistent with project objectives.
* Demonstrate ability to interface in project teams to solve problems and provide value?added services.
* Demonstrate ability to plan, organize, manage and lead teams on project task segments.
* Demonstrate ability to work and complete assignments independently.
* Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively by speech and writing to individuals and large groups of peers, staff, supervisors, vendors and clients.
* Demonstrate technical competence and willingness to instruct junior staff in areas of specialization.
* Demonstrate ability to make timely and effective decisions.
* Demonstrate dedication to fostering ethical conduct and professionalism.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.