Partners Data Systems
MultiThreaded Engineering, UX and Design at Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, our goal is to help our customers look great and feel great about themselves by revolutionizing how people shop. In a time-starved world where shopping often feels overwhelming, our business connects customers to clothes they love. Whether it's helping someone dress for success at a new job or taking the stress out of packing for a family vacation, we fix clients' closets - and they love us for it!
We've built unique, innovative software for merchandising, warehouse and inventory management, remote styling, and logistics. We leverage vast amounts of client data to make decisions throughout the company. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our clients and a very successful business. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people to contribute!
Our team is made up of people from varied backgrounds, including engineers who built and scaled organizations like Google, Netflix, eBay, GitHub, and LivingSocial. We build modern software with modern techniques like TDD, continuous delivery, DevOps, and service-oriented architecture. Cross-functional partnerships are deeply meaningful to us and are how we've built up immense trust with the people running the business. We focus on high-value products that solve clearly identified problems but are designed in a sustainable way so that value continues to deliver in the long term. In fact, some of our proudest moments come from solving business problems without writing a line of code.
About the Role
You will deliver products and solutions-not just features-by developing an understanding of how Stitch Fix works. We trust you to focus your time and efforts where they are needed most. Your commitment to applying technology to business challenges in clean & innovative ways will make you a trusted advisor to your partners and their teams. You will own projects and influence our direction.
You won't do this alone. Your team will collaborate with business partners to define product requirements, plans, and deliverables. You will work with team members to take advantage of learning and growth opportunities in tech and product through real day-to-day work. You will impact the business in tangible, visible ways that and always have a seat at the table.
We are looking for an iOS Engineer for our Mobile team in our San Francisco office. As an iOS Engineer, you will work with product stakeholders and other mobile team members to design, break down, implement and ship user-facing features for the iOS client-facing application. You will take part in technical decision making with the iOS team, guiding the architecture of how we build mobile applications at Stitch Fix. You will provide thoughtful and careful feedback to other engineers on their implementations. You will help ensure that each sprint for the team is a successful one by focusing on sprint goals and focusing on finishing tasks before opening new ones. You will also mentor other engineers in best practices for iOS development.
We cannot succeed without creative engineers. Your cross-functional team will propose and build solutions for warehouse process improvement, workforce management, logistics decision-making, and workflow optimization.
About the Technology
Technologies we rely on to pursue solutions to business problems include:
* Swift 4.2
* Ruby and Ruby on Rails
* Angular and React
Even if you already have experience with these tools, you'll have the chance to get even better with them. And if you don't already use these tools, we will help you learn and become effective with them.
You're excited about this opportunity because...
* We work collaboratively as a distributed team-we use GitHub, Slack, and video conferencing extensively to collaborate. This role is located at our San Francisco HQ.
* You will have the opportunity to participate in creating prototypes and exploring alternative designs-we value pull requests, one-pagers, and screencasts to develop rapid prototypes that demonstrate new features.
* Our workflow depends on testing and CI-we're working with libraries like Quick and Nimble for unit and UI tests, and use CircleCI to bring it all together.
* We have a distributed, service-oriented architecture-we're using tools like RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, and headless HTTP services to scale our team and software.
We use these tools and techniques help us get the job done and we're excited to share our expertise with new members of the team. You will have the opportunity to help us continue to adopt effective practices and technologies and explore their full potential.
We are excited about you because...
* You are enthusiastic about technology. You will collaborate to build solutions using the appropriate tools and contribute to design and architecture across multiple systems. You want to build on your experience and help us to adopt new technologies. You'll learn from us, and we'll learn from you. You care deeply about the experience you are delivering.
* You have a product-focused mindset. Our team works together to deliver projects that use technology to solve real business problems. Your team members and business partners will seek out your opinion on how the product you're building should work. You aren't afraid to dig deep and ask the tough questions of our customers, company, and executive team.
* You are interested in developing your leadership qualities. You should believe in what you're doing and inspire others around you to be their best selves? Do you feel ownership for the projects you are working on?
* You have deep respect for your craft. We are dedicated to building software sustainably, using modern techniques. You're always looking for more and better ways to write software, and enthusiastic about sharing them with your team.
* You are respectful, empathetic, and humble. We want you to take your work seriously and be open to personal and professional growth. Successful engineers show everyone respect and consideration.
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
* Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing company
* Are a technologically and data-driven business.
* Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation.
* Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
* Get to be creative every day.
* Have a smart, experienced, and diverse leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
* Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
* Have sunny offices in downtown San Francisco, CA, Austin, TX and Pittsburgh, PA, or your home :)
* Offer transparent, equitable, and competitive compensation based on your level to help eliminate bias in salaries, as well as equity and comprehensive health benefits.
* Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance, and have generous parental leave policies.
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, we're about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We're the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we're looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.