At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that are designed, developed, and delivered to our Wells Fargo customers' to directly help support them financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers' financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
Regulatory Technology team is looking for a senior Application System Engineer to join the team in North Brunswick, NJ. Regulatory Technology team responsible for Regulatory Compliance of Capital Markets Pre-Trade and Post-Trade obligations for the product of OTC derivatives, listed derivatives, Fixed Income and Equity Cash. The regulations covered include Dodd-Frank US/Canadian regulations, European regulations such as MiFID/MIFIR and EMIR and Asia regulations such as HKMA. The team expanding to support Wells Fargo's current and future regulatory obligations that could include SEC, SFTR, Brexit related changes, etc.
This role is required to design and develop infrastructure, tools and processes necessary for the regulatory platform to support
* Setting up and running fully functional end-to-end environments and processes for development, build, testing and release of multi-stream parallel development of the regulatory platform supporting competing regulatory obligations.
* Monitoring and supporting of platform across development, testing and production to ensure continuous monitoring of the application to meet various regulatory commitments and associated SLA testing and operations.
* Collaborate with infrastructure tech partners to ensure appropriate infrastructure, monitoring and support.
* Plan and execute business continuity readiness and testing end-to-end including all internal tech partners and external third party partners.
* Monitor evolving enterprise and industry standards to collaborate across teams to ensure remediation and compliance across various standards from info security, user access, build and deployment, application code scans, vulnerabilities, etc.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Collaborate with application development team to ensure Regulatory platform capabilities, functions and processes are delivered consistently from a technology platform perspective to facilitate external and internal integrations, continuous monitoring, smooth identification and resolutions of issues to meet regulatory SLAs and commitments.
* Work with technology infrastructure partners/developers/support teams to ensure smooth integration, security, monitoring, availability & reliability both lower environments supporting the development/testing life cycles and production systems - from the application perspective.
* Lead application infrastructure team to design and development appropriate monitoring and visibility is built into the system using enterprise standards and the same is operated effectively in collaboration with application support teams along with providing level 3 application support to continuously improve monitoring, stability, scalability of the application.
* Collaborate with team leads to establish and document best practices for application design, development from the monitoring, visibility, control, scaling and issue identification and resolution perspective.
* Create and deliver relevant SDLC deliverables as part of standard project implementations (design documents, deployment diagrams etc.) Using tools like Visio, Confluence, Microsoft Office, etc.
* Lead and work with external vendors to establish connectivity and integration for onboarding new vendors, maintain and improve integration and monitoring of integration points by collaborating with enterprise and third party partners.
* Collaborate with Change Management, Technology remediation teams, security and info security teams to continuously monitor evolving standards to evaluate, assess and plan for remediation as necessary. Collaborate with application development team to remediate any third party libraries/product upgrades and/or remediation of vulnerabilities.
* Lead and ensure application is compliant with all enterprise standards across technology, info security, networking, build/release management and other standards as they evolve ensuring compliance.
* Lead BCP planning and testing efforts for the application ensuring readiness, compliance and successful testing end-to-end from upstream tech partners to third part downstream applications - participating in both internal and external BCP testing cycles.
* Pro-actively collaborate with the leads and managers to identify key regulatory solutions, risks, risk mitigations and review technical deliverables part of development life cycle.
* A BS/BA degree or higher
* 10+ years of information technology experience
* 2+ years of capital markets experience
* 2+ years of compliance and regulatory systems experience
* 9+ years of business continuity planning experience
* 5+ years of application production support experience
* 5+ years of 3rd party vendor application production support experience
* 5+ years of offshore application production support process experience
* 5+ years of onshore application production support process experience
* 10+ years of application development and implementation experience
* Knowledge and understanding of application design and development in a client server architecture
* Knowledge and understanding of automation and engineering release development
* Knowledge and understanding of system including business requirement design or review, release management, and system issue resolution
* Knowledge and understanding of technical environments: management and production release coordination
* Knowledge and understanding of technology software: release management
* Knowledge and understanding of technology support: System including business requirement design or review, release management support, test script development and execution, and system issue resolution
* Knowledge and understanding of technology testing: build/deploy processes, and release management
* Release management exposure; preferably within Wells Fargo
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
Candidates should have and be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
* 3+ years of regulatory experience with
* Regulations like Dodd Frank, CFTC, MIFID I and II, HKMA, ESMA/EMIR
* Listed and OTC derivative and cash products across asset classes
* Working with GTRs like DTCC, ICE, ARM/APAs like UnaVista, TRADEcho
* Knowledge and familiarity of complex application architecture and implemention experience using:
* Java, J2EE, Spring Framework and Hibernate,
* Integration with Messaging middleware like MQ, Solace, JMS
* Relational Databases Sybase and SQL server
* Caching Technologies like Coherence
* Hands on design and implementation experience on:
* Integrating with FO/MO systems to capture trade data
* High performance and reliable processing of trade data for regulatory obligations
* Integration with GTRs for reporting with stringent regulatory obligations timing and SLAs
* Ability to understand business problems and articulate a corresponding solution
* Extensive application monitoring and support experience
* Extensive understanding of enterprise standards across info security, users access controls, application vulnerabilities management, third party libraries/systems/product upgrades
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.