Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 26541
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): N/A
Relocation offered: Yes
Travel required: None
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it's more than that. It's smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you'll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You'll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You'll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you'll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
We're ideally seeking a full stack engineer but if you are a good front-end software developer with strong SQL skills, we're willing to train!
As a Solutions Engineer on the Reference Data Management team based in Los Angeles, CA, you will play an important role in developing and supporting reference and market data systems. You will work as part of a team responsible for new application development, improving existing applications and integrating third-party technology to meet the changing needs of our business. You will have an opportunity to grow your skillsets and learn new technologies and functional areas that are critical to our business. You will participate in requirements gathering, solution design, data modeling and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Critical thinking, data analysis and problem solving skills are a must.
* Develop an understanding of reference data business processes and application capabilities.
* Write clean, re-usable code that is tested and leverages strong design practices.
* Lead medium to large projects that require build out of new features in order to achieve desired business outcome.
* Collaborate with business users, technology partners and vendors to identify solution options and analyze pros and cons.
* Create documentation for user processes, system designs and solution blueprints.
* Contribute to the product roadmap of the applications you work on.
* Evaluate key interfaces and interdependencies of core application components and systems.
* Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science or related field
* 2-8 years of work experience with software development
* Fundamental knowledge of application design principles, systems analysis and development
* Understanding of the software development life cycle
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to adjust communication approach & style to accommodate variety of technical and non-technical audiences
* Knowledge of asset management and associated data is a plus
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and an interest in financial technologies
* Experience with Angular 2+
* Object Oriented programming (Java, C#, etc..)
* Integration experience using ETL technologies (SSIS, Informatica)
* Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase)
* Web Services (RESTful, SOAP, etc.)
* Data modeling and SQL queries
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Application Developer, Developer, Database, Oracle, ERP, Technology
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.