Partners Data Systems
Senior Manager Application Architect for Commercial and Medical Systems
Alnylam is the industry leader in the translation of RNA interference (RNAi) into a new class of innovative medicines with the potential to address the unmet needs of patients with debilitating diseases. Founded in 2002, Alnylam was built upon a bold vision of turning scientific possibility into reality, and is now advancing a robust pipeline of investigational RNAi therapeutic medicines, including five programs in late-stage development. In 2018, Alnylam received approval for our first product, the first-ever RNAi therapeutic, by the FDA in the U.S. for the treatment of the polyneuropathy of hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis in adults and by the European Medicines Agency in the EU for the treatment of hATTR amyloidosis in adults with stage 1 or stage 2 polyneuropathy. Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam employs over 1,200 people in 18 countries and is rapidly growing globally, with additional offices in Norton, Mass., Maidenhead, U.K., Zug, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Netherlands, and Tokyo, Japan. Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of The Boston Globe's Top Places to Work four years in a row (2015-2018) and a Great Place to Work in the U.K. and Switzerland in 2019. Please visit www.alnylam.com for more information.
The Senior Manager Application Architect plays an important role in the design and analysis of strategic systems solutions with the Global Commercial and Medical expertise areas. The role will ensure new system solutions are designed and developed within the global standards and complement existing strategic enterprise systems. The role will also evaluate current applications and identify opportunities for enhancements to leverage new capabilities, and to maintain value-based relevancy for the business teams. The Application Architect will evaluate application technologies and make recommendations for best uses for the company for which they are working. The role will also be involved in training other team members in areas of programming and software design and development.
The Senior Manager Application Architect will report to the Director of Strategic Technologies for Commercial and Medical.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
The Senior Manager Application Architect will carry out various tasks to ensure that application software is effectively and efficiently designed, produced, tested, and adopted. The duties will encompass the following types of responsibilities:
* Oversee the Design Process for Application Software. From product design to testing and modifications, the role is involved in every step of the application software development process. This involves creating models and prototypes, evaluating potential risks and defects, analyzing specifications and customizing applications for specific business needs.
* Provide Technical Support and Training. The Senior Manager Application Architect will provide solutions in areas of disaster recovery, data integrity and security. The role will evaluate and recommend software technologies in these areas, evaluate alternatives and analyze problems with data infrastructures.
* Create Technical Documents. The Senior Manager Application Architect will produce, or oversee the production of, documents relating to application architecture, design steps, integration processes and testing procedures relating to each product developed. This documentation would also cover the installation and maintenance of application software as well as guidelines and standards that should be adhered to for each product.
* Data Management & Data Integrity. The Senior Manager Application Architect will ensure the installation of new solutions, or enhancements of existing solutions, conform to the enterprise data standards and data quality standards. This includes creating, or overseeing the creation of, data modeling, data integration standards, and data quality assurance monitoring procedures. This role will also include assisting with troubleshooting data issues across systems.
The Senior Manager Application Architect must possess strong analytical, creative, problem-solving and critical thinking skills. The individual should be detail-oriented team player who can consistently provide valuable suggestions and solutions in areas of software development, use and maintenance. Effective leadership skills are crucial, as this role will lead project development teams in areas of application software design, development, testing and implementation. Strong verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills are important for this role.
This role also requires the following specific types of skills:
* Applying design and testing methods - understanding design and production procedures and standards to create prototypes and finished products.
* Building teams - must work closely with systems analysts, software developers, data managers, business partners and other team members to ensure successful production of application software
* Creating customer solutions - must be prepared to offer viable solutions for various systems and architectures to different types of businesses.
* Integrating applications with existing systems - ensuring a seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.