The Wireless Hardware Engineer will be responsible for analysis, definition, and development of products and technologies. The focus of this position is in wireless access and network technologies applied to public safety environments based on 802.11 Wi-Fi and 802.13 Bluetooth subscriber. These sensors are integrated in an end-to-end system which provide critical data analytics, and data driven alarms to end users via Web and mobile based applications.
In addition, the hardware engineer's role is to support wireless equipment deployments and new technology trials. This includes participation in installation, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of wireless network hardware, software and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and system trouble in live networks.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
* 5+ years Systems Engineering or related work experience
* Strong understanding of:
* System-level design including system prototyping, integration, and debuging of embedded Linux systems engineered for wireless communication
* IEEE 802.11a,g,b,ac,ax PHY & MAC layer specifications
* Hands-on lab debugging/measuring skills for WiFi & Linux embedded systems
* Network protocol knowledge such as TCP and UDP Packet Layers & Structure
* Multiple wireless technologies, including cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC
* Process of leading and driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly
* Partnering with software teams to define and implement firmware, drivers and algorithms
* Some experience in:
* Programming in low level languages such as C
* Wireless transceiver functional blocks such as packet detection, TX power control, Equalizer, RF Synthesizer
* Software architecture at the Kernel level on Linux systems
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.