The role of the NextGen Core Services Network Engineer is to design and implement network solutions that connect NG911 call traffic between Originating Service Providers (OSP's), through our Vesta Core Router Solution and to Public Safety Answering Points as defined. The NGCS Network Engineer is responsible for designing the connectivity using available circuit, fiber or microwave solutions that address complex end-to-end network solutions. They have the capacity to work independently and have a working knowledge of routing and switching protocols and network security standards. They understand client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security standards and understand the considerations required to facilitate software integration and network virtualization. Furthermore, the Network Engineer understands and can positively impact systems integration processes, including requirements gathering, solution definition, and implementation planning, execution and testing.
The NextGen Core Services Network Engineer will provide hands on expertise to plan, deploy, and integrate the NextGen Core Services product and associated applications. This includes configuration planning of IT, Transport, and network system interfaces and execution of acceptance test plans. NGCS delivery responsibilities include testing and integration of product solutions and providing technical support to customers for necessary resolutions. A major focus will be requirements gathering, IP plan development, and network design planning prior to deployment. The candidate shall be able to demonstrate the ability to establish requirements, craft a solution, and communicate the solution to the project team and customer. The candidate will be required to interface with Customer Representatives, Project Managers, Engineering Managers, and Product groups to effectively complete design and deployment activities.
Provide NextGen Core Services network design solutions that fulfill defined contractual requirements.
Proactively and continuously understand business, regulatory and industry requirements related to NextGen-911.
Understand the customer's needs, recommend solutions, and communicate the value of the NextGen Core Services product.
Continuously improve the quality and efficiency of the NextGen Core Services Network Designs. Focus on overall customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and delivery cycle time.
* Experience supporting complex end-to-end network solutions in a Mission Critical environment.
* A working knowledge of routing and switching protocols and network security standards.
* Knowledge of communication protocols, client server architectures, computer networking technologies, network security solutions, and software integration.
* Understanding of systems integration processes, requirements gathering, and software deployment.
* Experience with KVM, Docker, Openstack, Linux, Windows Server, VMware ESXi, Red Hat, Active Directory, Network Policy, and Powershell.
* Experience with Container Orchestration and Azure Container Instances a plus.
* Hands on experience with design and implementation of Transport equipment including Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, Switches, and Routers using STP, DHCP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, QoS, VXLAN, ACLs, NAT, SAN, CGNAT, MPLS, VRFs.
* Ability to understand and articulate details associated with existing customer networks and create customer specific procedures to integrate Applications and associated IT equipment.
* Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced with aggressive deadlines.
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment, maintaining accountability to management.
* Ability to travel extensively, potentially 50% of the time.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.