As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will be a key contributor to platform development activities for our team in Salt Lake City, accompanied by a development team in Seattle. These teams are developing services, tools, and processes to support other Motorola Solutions' engineering teams as well as deliver solutions to our customers. You will be working on a high-velocity, results-oriented team that leverages cutting-edge technologies and techniques. The right individual will be motivated and will have a passion for automation, deployment processes and enabling innovation. Your efforts will help to shape engineering culture and best practices across Motorola Solutions' Software Enterprise organization.
Responsibilities will include:
* Scope, design, and development of custom software solutions that centralize common functionality
* Work with Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team members to build a robust Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment platform
* Scope, plan and manage infrastructure enhancements and upgrades.
* Develop automation tools and services to minimize delivery time and increase developer productivity.
* Identify and implement automation opportunities to improve service and infrastructure scalability and stability
* On-call and night and weekend work are occasionally required for services developed by the team
* BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree) with 5+ years of professional software development
* Experience with development of custom network services (HTTP, WebSockets, or similar)
* Experience developing and deploying services on a public cloud platform
* Experience with at least one source code revision control system
* Experience mentoring more junior team members and leading development work by example
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service environment
* Knowledge of application layer protocols, including HTTP, SOAP/REST, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TLS
* Familiarity with tools for systems management, operational support, and performance monitoring
* Advanced troubleshooting skills across layers of the OSI model
* Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
* Familiarity with modern development operations tooling (Trace based application performance monitoring, docker containers, and similar)
* Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
* A background in Linux/Unix Administration
* Prior experience being on-call for services developed by the team
* Demonstrated experience developing and deploying services on Microsoft Azure
* Expertise with infrastructure automation and configuration management or web/cloud security
* Prior experience working with Kubernetes
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.