What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As a leader in IT, you will help to transform the IT infrastructure with your vision--influencing others with your thought leadership, while managing the server operation.
* Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in virtualization (Vmware, HyperV), virtual desktop infrastructure (Citrix, HorizonView) and server technologies
* Define virtualization and server platform strategy, roadmap and drive for change
* Partner with vendors, internal and external team to promote and show case AMD technologies
* Collaborate with application, and infrastructure architects and be responsible for the defining-designing-delivering of the technical architectures, patterns, technical quality, risks, fitness for purpose and operability of technical architecture solutions.
* Lead technical presentations demonstrating a good understanding of application, data, infrastructure, architecture expertise and application systems design
* Responsible for and manage infrastructure projects, drive automation and operation excellence
* Work with operation team to improve the operation efficiency and environment stability
Ideal Candidate will have:
* Experience as a lead or architect for virtual environment supporting at least 2000 guest servers, multiple guest operation systems, and thousands of virtual desktop
* In-depth knowledge and hand-on administration, designing, optimization and deployment experience in Vmware, Hyper-V, Citrix, and Hyper-converge-Infrastructure
* Prior experience in high availability, disaster recovery design and deployment
* Understanding of software defined everything, existing and emerging compute and storage technology and business drivers
* Good understanding and experience practicing DevOps principles and deployment, cloud-ready architectures utilizing IaaS/Paas/Container, event-driven and microservice architectures, Advance Analytics & Machine Learning, Hybrid cloud model
* Understanding of cybersecurity and data privacy requirements, network topology, load balancing and network segmentation, storage technology
* Great communication and technical writing experience, and ability to work within large organization and multiple function teams
* Prior leadership role with experience in influencing others, driving for change
Requisition Number: 73515
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Information Technology
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.