What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD's Platform Firmware development organization is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced embedded software engineer to develop SoC Security and AGESA/BIOS solutions for AMD's cutting edge server, client, semi-custom and embedded products. The position entails coordinating with silicon design teams and firmware architects to develop robust, scalable SoC firmware modules for integration into internal and customer platform PSP and BIOS solutions, producing quality, competitive and innovative customer solutions while minimizing time to market.
* Experience employing solid software methodologies, firmware design expertise, deep technical knowledge, strong customer communication, and well-honed organizational skills across multiple teams to ensure on-schedule, defect-free firmware deliveries.
* Experience providing technical leadership and ensuring software discipline with multiple teams as well as proactively managing issues and risks.
* Must possess the technical proficiency and interpersonal confidence to technically clearly represent design ideas, complex problem descriptions and innovative solutions with other developers as well as customer teams. Preferred Experience
* Experience with Firmware (PSP, BIOS, UEFI, FSP, AGESA, or Coreboot) development Preferred Qualifications
* Experience with SoC, CPU and GPU security
* Specific experience with AMD Platform Security Processor (PSP) is desired
* C and ASM programming experience mandatory
* Strong debug methodology and skills mandatory
* Experience in server or client firmware architecture mandatory
* Experience in x86 architecture mandatory
* Experience with team leadership and mentoring mandatory
* Experience in ARM firmware
* Knowledge of the following hardware interfaces (PCIe, 10G/1G Ethernet, SATA, AHCI, DDR4, SPI, I2C) expected
* Intimate knowledge of software development process methodology expected
* Knowledge of industry standard initiatives such as (ACPI, SMBIOS, PCIe) expected
* Working knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Shell, Make
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate
* Strong analytical skills and debug methodology expected Education
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering required • 7 or more years of BIOS/firmware development
Requisition Number: 72485
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.