What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As a passionate and dedicated IO Performance Engineer in the Server Performance Group, you will participate in the next generation server performance analysis and optimization, workload analysis for various markets and overall product performance optimization.
What makes this an interesting opportunity?
* You will be able to influence performance architecture development across a wide range of high-performance Server CPU products
Why is this job exciting?
* AMD has a strong product line up and has a compelling roadmap of products with tremendous growth potential. Come work with us on our performance architecture team - we are the team that helped AMD design award-winning product families like EPYC.
What we are working on?
* Server post-silicon IO Performance analysis and optimization.
* Explore architectural level features in CPU cores, memory subsystem, IO subsystem and cross-IP.
* Carry out detailed analysis on server IO workloads
* Optimize server IO system performance through hardware/software stack tuning
* Collaborate with business units and sales organizations on server customer engagement and enablement.
* Developing flexible and robust simulation methodologies to help design AMD's next generation products' performance architecture.
When you join our Server Performance team as a Design Engineer, you will take ownership and chip in many ways including these areas:
* Maintain and further establish AMD's technological leadership position through your performance engineering work for projects of significant strategic or commercial importance and for program results
* Respond to problems using groundbreaking approaches as well as communicate and implement solutions
* Collaborate closely with other team members to understand design architecture and to propose solutions to improve/enhance performance with given SoC/IP and markets
* Carry out micro-benchmarking, analyzing and tracing various benchmarks, workload characterization, competitive analysis on various hardware platforms, identifying bottlenecks and proposing feedback and solutions for performance improvement
* Develop tools and methodology for performance modeling, and evaluating workloads
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
* You will have a master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer architecture, or Computer Science with SoC/IP performance studies.
* You have minimum of 2 years of recent experience with performance architecture development and ideally workloads as well. Experiences at IO subsystems are preferred
* Very deep understanding of CPU and computer system architecture. Understanding of IO subsystem architecture is strongly preferred, such as interrupt, DMA, RDMA, NVMe, NIC, Infiniband
* You have a deep understanding of software stack infrastructure, such as TCP/IP stacks, ISR, OFED, device drivers
* Strong IO benchmarking skills such as FIO / Iomter / iperf / IB_test
* Experience at IO workload characterization/analysis is a huge plus, such as PCIe bus tracing and analysis, IO kernel/user-space software hotspot analysis
* Excellent organization and communication skills
* Strong programming skills (C, C++, Python)
* Meticulous attention to details and enthusiasm for innovation and teamwork
* Working experience of UNIX/Linux/Windows server operating systems
United States: Austin, TX - TEXAS
For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
Requisition Number: 74211
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.