What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Are you the type of person who likes to make things go fast? Do you have an insatiable curiosity about how hardware and software architectures combine to make workloads fast (or slow)? Do you like to roll up your sleeves and make things happen? If so, we have a job for you.
AMD Server Performance and Power Optimization team is looking for a hands-on software engineer / architect to add to our world class team of hardware engineers. The primary role will be architecting and developing state of the art software systems and tools required to measure and optimize performance of silicon products.
Our team is focused on ensuring that the server products AMD creates provide maximum performance and minimum power consumption. Our working model is to characterize (what is happening), analyze (why is this happening - develop a hypothesis) and optimize (design an experiment, collect data, rinse and repeat until expectations are met).
We run thousands of tests hundreds of times each across the life of a single server product. This is where we use a little data science and results from many formal and de-facto industry performance benchmarks. Up until now, this data has been significantly underutilized.
Example projects include:
* Fleshing out our data pipeline using Hadoop, hive and power BI
* Architecting and developing ansible automation playbooks
* Understanding how tools such as OpenTuner can be used to optimize various workloads
* Building a front-end system for configuring Ansible Tower jobs
* Building back end systems for controlling platforms with various operating systems
* Identifying opportunities to increase/scale our operations by leveraging software
* Understanding limitations of benchmarks such as SPECjbb and tuning them for best performance on our platforms
* Strong desire to learn. You don't have to know everything coming in but you do need to be a self-learner
* Full stack SW development experience.
* Strong computer architecture skills
* JSON REST Web Services
* Functional Programming experience
* Web-based reporting and analytics
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Architecture, Software Engineering or similar
Nice to have
* Deep expertise in more than one of the following: Linux, Windows, C, C++, Ansible, Scala, Java, Python, Kafka, Spark, and/or PowerBI
* Previous experience with server workloads
* Working knowledge of configuring and setting up servers
* Direct experience with Hive or SQL
Requisition Number: 73253
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Software Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.