UX Designer / Architect
Are you an innovative User Experience expert who would like to improve the work day of your customers? Would you like to join a collaborative and creative team of web developers, designers, user experience experts, content managers, and rich media producers? Does your work style foster collaboration, innovation and employee engagement? If your answer is yes, then we would like to talk with you about joining the Interactive Media Services team as a UX Designer / User Experience Architect. We are looking for a UX Architect / Designer to partner with the User Experience team as they design and deliver engaging products, solutions and outstanding service to our global customers!
As UX Designer / User Experience Architect, you must have strong, communication and product management skills as well as creative, technical and analytical abilities. In this role, you would be responsible for collaborating and partnering with a team that ensures our enterprise websites and applications are both easy to use and visually engaging. You and your team would partner regularly with Marketing, Information Technology, Corporate Communications and Business Technology to provide products, services and solutions that focus on user-centered design.
If you're a highly skilled UX designer, visual designer, interaction designer or information architect (IA) we would like to hear from you.
As an User Experience Designer/Architect (UXD/UXA), your specific responsibilities will include:
* Partner with the Sr. UXA/UXD and Sr. Manager, User Experience to define the structure of web sites and other information-rich products.
* Be responsible for site navigation, flow, user experience, layout and prototype development.
* Work with various teams to develop the business and functional information architecture requirements of the project, and translate the requirements into site organization and initial designs.
* Responsible for using various drawing and prototype tools to document the high level details of a project in order to hand off the ideas to visual designers and programmers to implement.
* Design innovative and effective transaction interfaces for existing and new products and services.
* Document site organization through site maps and process flows. Document initial designs through storyboards and wireframes.
* IA deliverables include: Business Rules, Product Branding, Product UI Roadmap, Navigation Patterns, Information Hierarchy and High-level nomenclature.
* Handle the evaluation side of user-centered design by time planning, performing, and documenting usability tests of various kinds. Communicate the results of the usability tests to stakeholders, while also serving as a source of advice and knowledge on user interface issues.
* Define user needs, preferences, and behaviors through qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
* Document usability goals, recommendations and standards/guidelines at appropriate intervals in the project lifecycle.
* Conduct remote and onsite usability testing at various points in the design process and post-launch.
* Perform quality architecture reviews to ensure proper integration of the UI with back-end functionality.
* Research existing systems and practices to understand business requirements and problems.
* Bachelor's degree in a related area such as psychology, human factors, HCI or a Bachelor's degree in Business Management with UXP Architect work experience is preferred.
* 3+ years' of experience in user research, user interface design, information architecture, usability testing, human factors, and other related disciplines within a consultative or corporate environment.
* Formal project management certification is a plus. HCI certification is a plus.
* Ability to create visual designs for desktop software and transactional Web sites is required.
* Experience with full software development lifecycle, graphic applications, portal technology and content management systems is required.
* Ability to develop paper and click-through prototypes.
* Strong understanding of MS Office products--especially Word, PowerPoint and visio is required.
* Extensive experience in UXP / UXA methodologies for uncovering user needs and product opportunities is required.
* Solid understanding of each phase of the UXP cycle from strategic to tactical: Technology Implementation, Concrete Design, Content Production, Abstract Design, Technology Strategy, Site Strategy, Content Strategy, User Research and Project Management.
* Excellent oral/written communication skills--including presenting concepts and storyboards.
* Demonstrated time management skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills that will enable this position to work well with key stake holders; team organization skills.
* Ability to interact and communicate with customers of varying levels of expertise.
* Ability to communicate complex technical information to less-technical users.
* Ability to communicate in-depth business processes and user research to technical resources.
* Ability to communicate UXP requirements to business teams.
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.