Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We're large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we're hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
When you think about buying or servicing your vehicle, you probably don't think much about the design that is powering that user experience. There is a lot going on under the hood at an auto dealership. CDK Global produces the products and services that power all aspects of a dealership, from inventory to sales to vehicle service. We do this by powering an open platform that integrates capabilities to increase sales and operational efficiency for dealers and providing products that meet the users' needs.
This role will drive ideation, concepts and validate them through a lean UX process to drive the highest quality for our end users. If you like the idea of working in a growing global UXD community and leading bold initiatives for the ever-growing automotive industry, then this position is for you.
The Lead UX Designer works within the UX Design Team at CDK Global to strategize, conceptualize and produce the creation of Web-based tools and consumer interfaces. The Lead UX Designer will work with the project team to create visual, interactive, multi-device solutions that meet the needs of the client, meet business objectives, and provide an engaging and compelling user experience. Must have advanced experience and demonstrated ability conceptualizing, wireframing, prototyping, and delivering interface designs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interpret use cases and design effective user interaction through the creation of workflow diagrams and wireframes.
* Designing effective UI for Web-based designs and widgets. Outputs: wireframes with creative brief, initial look and feel mockups to communicate project vision internally and externally, specification docs. For large projects: Personas, Usability testing and reports, PowerPoint presentation highlighting key features.
* Estimation of time to complete design and production phase of projects.
* Establishing and maintaining high quality relationships with Software Engineers, Project Managers and Sales Associates to ensure accurate implementation of specified design & functionality.
* Create style guides, prototypes and index sites for viewing mockups.
* Collect quantitative data from Business Intelligence and both prepare and share findings with recommended changes to solutions.
* Mentoring Junior level Designers.
* Fostering effective interdepartmental communication.
* Staying abreast of the latest developments in Internet software development technologies for desktops, tablets and mobile.
* Consistent tracking and entry of hours worked, for a minimum of 80% personal and team utilization.
* Effectively resolving conflict.
* Client meeting facilitation - negotiation of features and effort plus goal gathering.
PREVIOUS SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, UX Design, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
* 8+ years interactive design experience in a software company, interactive agency, design firm or web publishing environment.
* Continuing education in design and leadership.
* Advanced experience and demonstrated ability designing web and mobile experiences for consumers.
* Advanced ability creating end-user objectives and developing creative concepts to support them.
* Strong design and concept presentation, client relationship, and written and verbal communication skills.
* Practiced in the following usability practices: Surveys, user interviews, card sorting, prototyping, personas, information architecture, heuristic evaluations, user session videos, behavioral targeting, landing page optimization, and usability testing.
* Experience developing and working within established style guidelines.
* Experience writing estimates and setting timelines.
* Training and experience working with and/or producing content for web.
* Practiced in facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings to determine design objectives.
* High attention to detail and ability to work and manage drafts and deliverables in an extremely organized manner.
* Open and positive attitude toward clients and co-workers.
* Basic knowledge of major browsers and cross-browser/platform/device compatibility issues.
* Expert ability to communicate changing requirements or priorities across a project team and achieve timely and universal acceptance.
* Advanced proficiency in tools like Adobe Suite, Omnigraffle, Sketch or Axure.
* Advanced level use of MS Office Suite and Windows and Macintosh platforms.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
About CDK Global
CDK Global provides integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and other industries.